1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Questions for the Australians in here

Discussion in 'General Topics & Support Issues' started by DeLaUK, Sep 4, 2005.

1. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

Hi, I dont know if youve seen anything about this recently but Australia is asking for 'British professionals' to emigrate to Australia and we are thinking about it, Ive never been before though so I had a couple of general questions like, do they have Starbucks there?...sorry, had to ask :oops: no seriously, I know in most of Australia the weather is hot, is it very hot all over or are there places that are generally a little cooler year round? Is there any/much humidty or is it more of a dry heat? Any particular areas that are more humid than others? (Reason I ask is that I have asthma and high humidity levels are one of the things that will set it off although Im fine with some humidity, I can usually tell as soon as it hits about 72% :shock: ).
    Im wondering about the cost of living, for example rentals, in Los Angeles the average monthly rent in the city can be upwards of $1000 a month for a one bedroom apartment.
    What about house prices? say not right in a city but on the outskirts.
    What is the public transport like? Do the cities have good bus and train services? or is it that a car is more of a necessity than a luxury? What are the gas/petrol prices right now? (more just curious about that, I keep hearing some friends in California complaining as it just went up to $3 a gallon while in Germany it works out to about $8-$9 a gallon).
    Hubby is the one that qualifies mainly, there is a points system that the eligablilty is based on, I got just enough points but he got a lot more so for I would be looking at jobs most likely as a vet tech or trainer, do you have any idea what vet techs can make there? do you think there is a market for dog trainers, I mean starting up my own business maybe.

I have looked at a couple of websites with some general information on but I think its better to hear it from the people who actually live there rather a general information site. Im all for it, I would love to spend some times there, whether its just for a year or 2 or longer. I do have relatives there but I havent been in touch for so long and I cant find them. Hubby has lived in Germany for 20 years and while he is interested its going to take some work to get him to agree so its all a little up in the air and nothing definite has been decided yet but I thought Id ask anyway just in case.

Thanks.

2. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

3. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

Thanks for the info. If I do go Ill have to make sure Im near a Starbucks I think :lol: Ive been having withdrawals since moving to Germany, the nearest one is at least an hours drive away :shock:

4. Maori

Maori New Member