1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Say no to Cropping ears

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by Sook, Mar 21, 2004.

1. goob

goob New Member

Cropping is mostly a cosmetic thing, but isn't something I think makes or breaks an owner, just a personal preferance. I doubt I'd crop a dog I was planning on keeping as just a pet, but if someone else has a dog they take good care of, and want to crop it, it's their choice. Cropping does make a dog look different, though different people might interpret the differences different ways... I was a bit bored last night and decided to fool around seeing how it altered the general impression of different dogs, using mine and a couple other dogs posted in this thread. Hope neither of you mind, I just chose those pics because they were bigger and straight on shots, so easier to edit

Loves-da-pits pup Reese(?) natural earred
    [​IMG]

Same dog cropped
    [​IMG]

Angie's Shianne natural earred
    [​IMG]

Again, cropped
    [​IMG]

Our Haley natural earred (and what ears they are :mrgreen: )
    [​IMG]

Hale cropped
    [​IMG]

Our Goo cropped
    [​IMG]

Goo with psuedo-ears (just like in real life, it's much harder to add them on than to take off :? )
    [​IMG]

2. kyles101

kyles101 New Member

im going battie over those ears! :wink:

3. Angie

Angie New Member

LOL!!!!! haha, Shianne looks so so funny with those cropped ears! lol
    Good job goob! lol
    that is too crazy!!
    Hey you did a good job cropping those ears as well as adding them on!!
    :D

4. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

I'm tripping looking at the ears. That's really neat. I can't imagine Reese without his ears, now, but now I know what could have been. If you can, email me with the picture so I can print it and forwrd it to Friends and family. THANX!!

5. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

Good thats neat..lol

Love Da Pits you can right click on the pic and then click "save as" to get the pic.

6. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

True_Pits: Thanx!!

7. MandysPits16

MandysPits16 New Member

I for one love Cropped Ears :idea: . Hey True_Pit do you have any new pictures of your dog's, if so can you email me some at
    MandysPits16@yahoo.com thxs
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

MandysPits16 the only new pics I have is of Santana, well one with Val wearing her bandage. I'll mail em to ya though.

9. Texas Pride

Texas Pride New Member

Its All About what YOU Like. I have 2 pits that are brother and sister, I got my females ear cropped becasue I felt that it would look better on her, and left my males natural.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Angie

Angie New Member

Good choice Texas Pride! They look really good

11. chickee

chickee New Member

WOW! Everyone has such beautiful dogs! Natural or cropped, all your dogs are so pretty. I like them all!

12. Sook

Sook New Member

So like whens aus pet going to get gallery area for all of us to post MANY MANY pics of our k9's to show off to the world.. ? :p

13. Texas Pride

Texas Pride New Member

Thanks Angie, I think that Her ears look alot better now because the brindle patch gives her character, and with the way her head is the cropped looks way better than her natural did.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. jao_apbt

jao_apbt New Member

Everyone does have such pretty dogs, cropped ears or not. I think that it is up to the idividual owner and dog. I would not crop a female with good ears. I will crop my males no matter what though. Here some pics of my justice before and after his crop......

[​IMG]
    before the crop(12 weeks or so)

[​IMG]
    about 2 weeks after the crop

[​IMG]
    them ears look like they are bothering him huh :roll:

And here he is today, I don't think he would look at all as good as he does with natural ears...
    [​IMG]

Joe

15. AC from TO

AC from TO New Member

:-#

I had thought about cropping peter's ears but I didn't get him until he was four and a half months old, and he had been neutered at three months. I didn't choose to crop him b/c first...he's a mix and the Oldes' keep their ears and have their tails done....so his tail is already done and I don't know how well he's going to develop muscle-wise so I didn't want to end up with a scrawny dog with cropped ears....Also while I know that ears can be done on older puppies...I felt bad. If I had gotten him when he was 8wks and could have done his ears while he was still young..and he hadn't been neutered yet then I might have done it.

ramblings making any sense????........coffee # 4 today!! :lol:

16. Sook

Sook New Member

OMG texas Pride, HAH! thats so cute, your dog with the gray cat is AWESOME.... very cute, enough to make anyone go "awwww"

I love ya cat too, very much a dog lover it seems :p

Congrats on some fine animals there... :p

17. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

Here's a pic of Harley with her ears. I do love cropped ears, but she was too old when we got her, and I love her ears.
    Hope this works.
    Damn it, it didn't work. Anyone think they can help me? I did Img/location/Img. Is this right?
    Man, I gotta get this some day.

18. Angie

Angie New Member

[​IMG]

if you copy the location, you can just paste it right inbetween

19. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

okay, here it goes.
    [​IMG]

20. Sook

Sook New Member

Bully love, when u do the [​IMG]

The location needs to be a website

e.g

below will be like this [​IMG] after it...

result is this [​IMG]

U cant post pictures directly from your hard-drive, u need to upload them to somewhere online, some of the other users here use something called picture trial or something...