1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Shih Tzu/Havanese mix?

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by PooGirl13, Mar 27, 2004.

1. Alabamamom1

Alabamamom1 New Member

:D I have to say that I think you made a good decision, even though I bet it was hard to ignore the impulse of buying that little shih tzu/havanese cutie :D
    I personally love all of the little furbaby's and it's almost impossible for me to choose an absolute favorite. I have allergies so as long as they don't bother me, I am all about the pups.
    I just want to say that if I get another baby I wish it could look just like Bailey! He is tooo cute! :D

2. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

Omygawsh, Alabamamom! :oops: That was so sweet! thank you..... :) I have to admit I think Bailey is a cutie, too (which means he gets away with twice as much as he should! LOL)

Your little Romeo is toooooooooo adorable too! He fits his name, that's for sure =P~

3. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

Thanks Alabamamom! Yes, it was very hard... and it's kind of funny that I was the strong one when it's usually my hubby!

He was totally taken in w/their sweet little faces, and I sort of felt guilty b/c one puppy in particular just kept looking at me and coming up to me :cry:

I know we did the right thing sticking w/Shih poos :D

PS: I agree... Bailey is just the cutest face!!!

4. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

I stopped a couple a home depot and asked if their dog was a havanese. This was when I had only seen one online. They looked at me with astonishment and said yes, how did you know? I smiled and said I know my dogs. I was proud that I was able to identify it.

5. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

hehe, puttin!! Now that I've seen a lot of pics of them, I think I'd be able to recognize one also.... I think if I see the mercedes first, then perhaps the diamonds, then if the dog looks Havanese -- he's probably Havenese! :) hehe

By the way, poogirl...
    another factor that nobody mentioned was that I really really think you'll enjoy the "poo" part of the mix!! I know that I do... I've always heard that poodles were really smart and easy to train! That was true for Bailey (except for those dam* toilet paper rolls!!) and I love his coat. I have three friends w/ pure bred shihtzus and I think Bailey's coat is softer!

6. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

Great point Monster ~ I think I'll enjoy the "poo" part too! My husband had a miniature poodle growing up and said she was just the smartest thing!

I know we made the right choice :eek:

7. havashu owner

havashu owner New Member

personality and some stats

Hey- I just found this site and read about your discussion about havashu's characteristics. I own one. To describe her you take the best personality traits of a havanese (have one as well) and a shih zu you have a havashu. I just love our little teddy bear. She really does look like a little stuffed bear in my girls bedroom. She has been easy to train and is intelligent. She is very tolerant of our busy 6yr old and welcomes our havanese puppies. She gets in the kennel with them and lets them lay and snuggle with her as mom watches. so cute.... I am very pleased with this combo breed. I would recommend them to anyone. I may even consider breeding her as well. Just need to find a papa dog to meet my personality standards. if you have any questions I would be willing to help to the best of my ability.