1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

something on Dusty's foot

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by feather friend, Oct 24, 2007.

1. feather friend

feather friend New Member

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

They look similar to the lumps birds get when they have scaly face mite.
    These can go on the feet legs, beak and around the eyes.

You can try rubbing some vaseline on her legs and see how that goes for a couple of days, or Like me take her to the vet to have it checked to make sure its nothing more serious.

If it is just scaly mite the vet will know straight away just by lookng at it.
    They itch like mad and drive the birds crazy.

Please let me know how she gets on

Mike

3. feather friend

t h a n k s

Thank you Mike, I will try that today :D

4. feather friend

5. feather friend

Ok, I tryed using the paraffin,wax. I gave her cage a full clean out, & I was thinking about getting her some mite stuff for her feet and under her nose. Is ir okay to keep the 2 budgies together while she has the mites?

Could I give her something on this link :?:

http://www.bitsforpets.com/product_info ... ts_id=1939

6. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Anit mite spray is usually only used to treat feather mites.
    The mites you bird has burrow into the skin and this is why you use paraffin wax or vaseline ( pertoleum jelly ) as this blocks the little holes and suffocates the mites.

Chances are that having 2 birds in the same cage if one has mites then it will probably pass to the other bird so its best to eaither seperate the birds and keep the cages cleaned throughly cleaned out until all signs of the mites have gone.

If you use the anti mite the best way to use it is by removing food, water bowls, cuttlefish and any mineral blocks from the cage then getting an old sheet cover the cage but make sure there is about a 1inch gap at the bottom on the front of the cage, Lift the front part of the sheet a little and spray the mits up into the cage for about 5 seconds then drop the cover leave for about 5-10minutes then remove the cover, That way the mist will settle on the perches and bars aswell as your birds.

Mike

7. feather friend