1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Stocking suggestions for a 5 gallon.

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Used, Mar 2, 2005.

1. tski22

tski22 New Member

I have a 75 gallon saltwater and yes the expencse is horrible. Ive spent about 2 grand since december when i set it up. Finally its getting somewhere though. It only has one fish but has a few corals and neat creatures. Maybe i could try to psot a picture if you guys want to see it. -tl

2. Used

Used New Member

Yeah I would love to see pictures of your saltwater tank.

3. :o)rosie:o)

:o)rosie:o) New Member

I'd love to see pics as well. Chelle, are most snails only used for decoration? How big do mystery snails get?

4. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Mystery snails are a type of apple snail so it's possible for them to get the size of a small apple. But when kept in warmer temperatures they have a shorter lifespan and don't get as large. I think my largest one is about 1 3/4" in diameter.

I mainly keep them because I think they're cool looking and interesting to watch, but in the fry tank they do help eat any leftover food.

-Chelle

5. :o)rosie:o)

:o)rosie:o) New Member

Sounds good.

6. asiankatie

asiankatie New Member

word! i have the same tank.. and right now in a smaller tank i have my african dwarf frog and my male betta. i want to add something to it when i put them in the 5g and set it up.. but i just dont know what..

7. BeatrixMom

BeatrixMom New Member

Wonderful pictures! My Betta, Moby, just died after a long reign of 4 years. I really miss having one, but haven't had the heart to replace him yet....

8. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Sorry to hear about your betta. 4 years is extremely good for a betta so at least you know you gave him a really good, long life.

-Chelle

9. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

yea, like t_chelle said, that is good......arnt bettas usually put "on the market" when they aer at least 8 months old? if so, your might have been around 5 years old :y_the_best: