1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

tank mates or WAR?

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by big-pig-666, Jan 21, 2005.

1. big-pig-666

big-pig-666 New Member

would a ropefish survive with a couple oscars a few jack d, a few green texans and some other agressive chiclids? :?

2. M_wm

M_wm New Member

Your going to need a HUGE tank to have all those im thinking 300g+ And i would say no on the ropefish

3. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Ditto what M_wm said. You need at least 50 gallons/large cichlid.

And with a ropefish having such a long, slender body, it will be really easy for large cichlids to eat it.

-Chelle

4. big-pig-666

big-pig-666 New Member

yeah... the tank size is noo problem WHAT SO EVER.. im making one 400g +

what other cool/wired fish could i put in there besides plecos?

5. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Considering the aggressive nature of the fish you have planned and the fact that you plan on keeping several of them together, it's better to allot a little more than 50 gallon/fish (the more you have, the less likely it is that they will all get along).

2 oscars, 2 JD's, 2 GT's and a pleco or two would be a really nice stocking level for a 400 gallon tank. Especially if you end up with breeding pairs. The others will need lots of room to get away from the overly aggressive breeding fish.

-Chelle

6. Nameless

Nameless New Member

I'll agree for the most part. Ropefish are pretty peaceful. However, I know a few people who have managed to raise both a ropefish and an oscar together very peacefully. Before my oscar died my ropefish and my two oscars were living together great.

7. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Sorry I must also add that I would not advise it though.

Lol! But ropefish are still cool!