1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Tom Gone???

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by Samsintentions, Mar 30, 2004.

1. FMgurl43

FMgurl43 New Member

thats great news im soo happy u found him regardless if u have him now or not at least u knwo where he is... that gives me so much hope on finding my bubba.... i also think someone has him he was a beautiful cat w/ wonderful markings and very very friendly almost to friendly.... anyways bout ur tom.... i know how u feel my lil girl sassy disappeared not to long ago some kid had picked her up outta my yard and took her home i woudl understand if the kid was like 5 or something but this kid was 13 she never even took the tags of my sassy till thje girls mom seen the tags and called me thank goodness.... if it wasnt 4 her mom i probably still wouldnt have my sassy now or know what happened to her.... just do what ur heart feels even if that girls mom would of let her have sassy i still woudl of said no... but ive bottle fed her since she was like 3 days old sooo im to attached.... on the other hand in ur situation if the woman is truly wanting to take tom in as her own i would ask if i would be able to visit at least but i have a probelm w/ she didnt call u knowing that his owner had to have been worried and if u put up flyers there is no excuese....i would also tell her thats ur cat and u want him home and that u could possibly find her another kitten like in the paper or something 4 free.. i wouldnt really get her a kitten but ones thats just about a year old that isnt so much work 4 her but is still young enough to get used to her and bond w/ her older cats will do this to but it takes time.... but maybe tom stayed cause he knew that she was sad i have read and know from experience that cats can feel ppls stress and when they r sad and will try and comfort them.. my cats do this to me if i am feeling down like when our cat spunky died we r crying our eyes out and our babies would come right to us and love all over us till we stoped....other then that im not sure what else to say i know u love tom and its hard to say to let her keep him even though he seems happy cause then u will miss him and if u keep him she might miss him or maybe this might sound a lil strange but see if she would like to look after tom during the day when ur not home...kinda like baby sitting... if it hasnt stressed him out yet i dont think it would bother him now but i could be wrong...or maybe even get him back but take him to her house on the weekends to visit or something....

2. FMgurl43

FMgurl43 New Member

sorry i didnt read the other posts guess i should of read them first huh?lol

3. moose

moose New Member

what great news that you know where he is! just thought i'd share my opinion on the matter (for what it's worth!). i don't necessarily think it's right what she did, but i do empathize with her. i also agree that you should talk to her, let her know the cat belongs to you, etc. if you decide to let her keep him, definitely inform her of his likes/dislikes, what kind of food you give him, etc.

even if you don't decide to let her keep him, i wouldn't suggest getting her a cat of her own (unless of course she's in full agreement). if you do get her a cat, be sure there is *someone* -- even if it's you -- who agrees to take in the cat when she passes away. i know that's a really depressing thought, but it's reality when the elderly get a pet.

i'm rambling...but one more thought. if you let her keep him, make sure she knows she can always call you if there is a problem with him medically or otherwise. and perhaps if she's so lonely that she took in your cat, you could spend some time with her??

4. mandeeee

mandeeee New Member

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am soooooooo Happy that you know where Tom is! And he is safe and sound:) God bless!!!

~M~

5. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Was out feeding the horses and Mrs. McBrune was coming out of the house and right at her side was TOM. I said hi, and proceeded over to her house to "chat". I let her know that TOM belonged to us, and if he was causing problems, that I was sorrry. I asked if she happened to see the tags and collar on him, and she said no. That she thought he was a stray. I said well, we've had him for almost a year now, and I know darn good andwell she's seen him before over there.

Anyhow, She told me if I wanted him back to takehim. SO Iproceeded too. She looked soooo sad. I just couldn't do it. So we made a deal. He can visit her during the day, but I wanted him home at night. So we'll see how that works out.

6. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi. That sounds like a pretty fair deal to me. :D

7. Cat

Cat New Member

kitty's choice in the end.....

Hi

I am so glad to hear you found your friend. There is nothing more worrisome when you have lost your pet. all of mine are indoors and I still go nuts with worry when I can't find them inside! :)

I have known many cats to 'adopt' old people for whatever reason....they are alone, settled, quiet...who knows. Pets have a higher level of intuition that we give them credit for. And who knows, maybe they have a purpose in life we are unaware of....

My thought is, let Tom choose. He was a stray to begin with and didn't like the indoors. Then he freely follows this old lady in and outdoors. Maybe that says something about how he feels for her. Doesn't mean he doesn't love you anymore. My suggestion is if he is content with her and she gives him the freedom that he wants and he goes back to her to leave things be.

I hope things will work out for all 3 of you!

8. honeybears

honeybears New Member

I have some friends that have taken over their 2 dogs, I mean their last dog would go spend the day with them, and then it was the night, she practiclly lived over there. Then she passed away and now their other dog was doing the same thing. I guess they didnt care because the dogs had two house and many people to shower them with affection. Then about 6 months ago the people got apup of their own, so now my friends dog is back home all of the time.

honeybear

9. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Oh I spent about 5 seconds with TOM and he was running back over there to her when she came outside. I think I lost my cat for good.

Oh well, ya know, if it makes him and her happy and she's got company then I guess its fate. I'll keep checking up on him though, first sign of illness or anything, I'll be getting him back. She's not that old. I think in her 70's, but the one thing that worries me is she has had 2 tripple bipasses, and has a pacemaker along with other health issues. She's still very active, and isn't a complete "kOOK". She still has some common scence. Just baffles me why (even if she thought he was a stray) couldn't come and ask if he was ours. (I"M pretty sure she knew).

I guess she just though she'd keep quiet and no one would know she had him.

Just glad their both happy.

10. nern

nern New Member

Awe...at least he is close by so you can keep an eye on him.