1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Wet Babies....

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Samsintentions, Jun 26, 2004.

1. kindness_001

kindness_001 New Member

Sams, I have to agree with the others, If im settinbg on your porch someevening i hope you give me sopme kibble and water lol.

your right about building muscles, We use to have horses much rather clean after these small dogs. ((((((((huggs)))))))) to you from all the strays you've taken in.

2. vene

vene New Member

All the strays have radar sensors that home in on your property. You remind me of a lighthouse, the perfect personification of strength, courage, faith, and a beacon to safety. :-k You are the best!!!

3. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Ok. B.J. Came and got them. I cried..... When we got them out from under the house, 2 had died... The fire ants had gotten to them.....at least I think. Or them got them after they had died?? I don't know.

But the remaining three are in good hands... Momma dog really settled down. I think the confinement really helped. WE were able to get close to her and she realized we wern't there to hurt her. She's only 11-13 months old!!!! SHe's still a baby!

After a good bath, and her vet check. She has heart worms and a bad intestinal parasite. So she's beeing taken very good care of. The puppies were healthy. One was a little warm, but the vet gave them some anitbiotic shots. Jamiya, I'm uploading the photos from the digital, I'll be emailing them to you.

Oh and I found the most beautiful and perfect dog I could ever have dreamed of!!!!
    We went to town last night to buy some new pillows (I have had it with the flat things!!!) and Runing down hwy 71 was a red heeler. I was at total Awwww. I mean, he was sooo gorgeous. I could have sworn he had a silver glow around him!!! Well we stopped and he was sooo scared. So I coaxed him over to me with a doggie bone (I always have some in my purse! he he eh) And Those eyes!!!

Oh yall, I've never seen something so beautiful!!!!
    He had a collar on with his rabies Id tag. Of course it was from Baytown!!!! he's come a LONG way.

He had dental work done on his teeth, a really good manicure!!!! And not a flea on him!

We called the vets office, they were closed of course, and instead of giving the at home # to the vet, it transfered us to another one.....grrrrr

Soooo WE took him home, and asked everyone we passed that looked like they were traveling, if they had lost a dog, nope!

Well, we got home, gave him a bite to eat, I got in the shower, SO did he!!!! He LOVES baths..... That would explain why he's soooo clean.

Took him in the bedroom with us, He knows sit, stay, lay, heel, and shake!!!
    Well Granvel is in love. We know we have to do everything possible to find his owners. I would be totally FREEKING out if I lost a dog like him!!! He's got to be a show dog, theres' no way he's not!. SO Granvel took him to work with him this morning,a nd he's going to keep calling the vets office, on the rabies tag, and try to find out who he belongs to, and he's going to swing by the vets office and have him scanned for a microchip.

Oh yall, I'm horrible, I'm hoping we can't find the owners..... But I'm trying all I can to find them.... Ugh., I want to keep him sooo bad. But he's got a wonderful family somewhere. I know it.

4. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

sams: Post pictures of the wet babies and get a picture of the heeler asap in case you find his parents!!!!!

5. Samsintentions

Oh I was snappin photos like crazy last night!!! I'm going to be devistated if we can't find his home. I'm praying no one dumped him.

We both think he either jumped off the back of the truck or fell off, one of the two.... He's tooo good of a dog for any one to do that too!!! God yall. H'es soooooo beautiful!

6. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

sams: One thing is a certain in this world... people's ignorance, so you have a 50/50 shot that some idiot dumped him. In which case that light you saw surrounding him was divine intrevention leading him to you and Granvel!!!!!

7. Samsintentions

Ok, we found out who had him. The lady that anwered the phone said it was a gift for their son. So she was going to call them and have them call us.

Well, that was at 8am this morning, its now after 10am!!!! You'd think they would ahve called us by now!
    But we do know where they live. But like Granvel said, we aren't driving over 100 miles. Its their dog, they can come and get him. But I on the other hand would meet them half way.

We do remember seeing a younger couple with fourwheelers that didn't look like thye belonged around. So we're wondering if that was tehm. But then agian. If they lost their dog, why would they be playing in the mud on four wheelers, instead of looking for their dog???

I dont know. Granvel said, well, if they don't want him or found out they dumped him, he's gong to give them a "fist" full, and we got our dream dog.

Sooooo we'll wait and see. If noone calls by noon, we'll be calling them again.

8. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Make sure you ask questions to see if they really want this dog and make it known you would be happy to take him. I'm not really good at subtlety, so hopefully you will find a way to let them know that they have options if they have decided the dog is not for them....

Good luck!!

Jamiya

9. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

hehe me niether Jamiya. I always get laughed at when I try though. I just stutter my way through then get fed up and come right out with it!

10. honeybears

honeybears New Member

glad to ehar the remaining pups are doign good. will they terat mo for her heartworm?

As for the heeler, I ijust dont get why peopledont put name tags on their dogs, Ive had that happen a few times, because its ont he week-end or they are closed for lunch, etc. hope all works well for you

honeybear

11. Samsintentions

Well, they can't treat mom until the babies are weaned. So they are treating her for the intestinal parasites first. And working on taming her down some more. We took a photo and she freeked out. I guess the flash scared her.

I'm thinking with her puppy curiosity and nice despisition, she'll come along just fine. I'tll just take time. Plus If we rushed her to the vet now, and did all kinds of "mean" stuff, I'mscared it would make her even more fearful of people. Taking blood and fecal samples was hard!!!

The vet said they use a very toxic treatment for the heartworms and it would transfer to the pups through her milk, and more than likely kill them.

12. GinaH

GinaH New Member

OMG!! I can't believe the mother dog would have her puppies in a puddle?
    That is very strange! Dogs usually seek out a private safe place to have puppies. How weird! I gotta see pictures of these miracle babies.
    Pictures! Pictures! Pictures!

13. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

There are homeopathic treatments for heartworms that are MUCH more gentle than the horrible allopathic methods. If you want more info, I can put you in touch with a homeopath or I can find out more and let you know.

Jamiya

14. Samsintentions

I suggested that before she took her to the vet, and she said she'd ask.
    Apparently she's on a grade 2 of heartworms. SO they are going to have to do an extensive treatment. More than likely she got them as a small puppy.

he said the treatment they are using is a homeopathic rememdy. They don't use the arsenic treatment anymore. He's an old fashioned vet and does alot of the homeo treatments. He helped Sassy's eye. One vet wanted to remove it, and he treated it and its back to normal, no scar or anything!!! (She got a nail poke in her eye right next to the retna, luckily no leakage)

15. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Wonderful! I think (but I'm not positive) that one of the differences between homeopathic and allopathic treatments for heartworms is the rate at which the heartworms die off. In the allopathic treatment, they die in one big clump, so the dog has to remain quiet for a long time (sometimes months) so that they don't all break loose at the same time and clog up an artery. The homeopathic treatment is supposed to kill them off more gradually so this doesn't happen and the dog doesn't have to be confined to a crate for ages.

Let us know how she does. I can't wait to see the pictures!

Jamiya

16. Samsintentions

Ok, its 3:55pm, they havent' called back. Of course Granvels ok with that. I'm so ticked!!! If they dumped and dog this wonderful and beautiful I'm going to throw up! Then love him to death, because he's mine!!!

I'm telling you guys. He's my dream dog!!!

17. pamr61

pamr61 New Member

It's hard to believe sometimes what beautiful, sweet dogs people will dump.... And it's also hard to believe how little of an effort some people put out in order get back their lost pets. And boy, oh boy!!...
    I'm telling you.... If Rusty got away from me, I wouldn't rest, sleep, go to work,.... anything, until I had him back in my arms!!

18. Samsintentions

tell me about it! I emailed a photo to jamiya. Hopefully she'll post it for me.

19. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

Jamiya- hint, hint, nudge, nudge, wink, wink :wink:

20. pamr61

pamr61 New Member

So what's up, Sam???? Did they call about the dog, or is he going to stay with you?? Where's the pic's Jamiya???