1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

What other fish would fit in a 5-7 gallon tank then goldfish

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Ellie, Jun 7, 2005.

1. Ellie

Ellie New Member

Ok I am going to get a bigger fish tank maybe in the summer!

2. Ellie

Ellie New Member

How big of a fish tank should i get? How much sunlight do small fancy fish need?

3. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

If they're both fancies, then they need at least 30 gallons. Fish do need a sense of night & day so idealy they should get around 8 - 10 hours of light/day.

-Chelle

4. Ellie

Ellie New Member

they get about that much a day they get about 11 hours of sunlight a day, my room is very bright so they get the right amount of sunlight. About the fish tank are you shure 30 gallons? thats pretty big for the small fish i have. I really want a tropical tank too maybe a 30 gallon tropical fish because i think i'll buy fish shortly after, and put the tropical fish i already have in the tank. Thanks for your help :D :) :wink: 8) :mrgreen: :y_the_best:

-Ellie

5. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Fancy gold fish should get around 6" long (not including the tail). That's about grapefruit size.

Here's a 5" goldfish in a 10 gallon. Doesn't look too comfortable, does it?
    [​IMG]

-Chelle

6. Trickster

Trickster New Member

Looks horrible. my bro got a fancy and a fantail in a 10!.

(And the tank in the pic aient realy filled up to well)

7. Ellie

Ellie New Member

I guess your right, sorry about that. Im confused though how come my fish haven't grown yett? is it because they grow to their inviornment?

-Ellie

8. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

They're likely being stunted. When fish are kept in a tank that's too small, water quality is generally poor and that causes their growth to be stunted. However, stunting is not healthy. It causes a weakened immune system which makes them more prone to infections, deformities, and a much shorter lifespan.

-Chelle

9. Ellie

Ellie New Member

I didn't know i was stunning them. That's horrible! I'm sorry about all the stupid questions, i'm new with all this fish stuff. Thankyou for informing me on my fish and giving me tips, thanks again! :D :) :eek: 8) :p :wink: :y_the_best: :mrgreen:

10. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

That's okay. Very few people get into fish keeping knowing everything there is to know. Even I made some huge mistakes when I first started out (7 africans, 3 oscars, and 6 plecos in a 55 gallon tank :shock: ).

-Chelle

11. Ellie

Ellie New Member

Thanks again

-Ellie :D :) 8) :p :wink: :mrgreen: :y_the_best:

12. pookiepets

pookiepets New Member

onee word WHITE clouds! some ghost shrimp and snails otta be fun