1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Where does your dog sleep?

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by ntengwall, Oct 4, 2004.

1. gwen13

gwen13 New Member

hehe monster! i could imagine, i had a friend who thought dogs were so dirty and wouldn't even put her face anywhere near her own dog :( her dog was only allowed in a small portion of the house but never near anyones living quarters and mostly always stayed outside. she thought of them as germ carriers and considered it repulsive for anyone to kiss their dogs or share a room with them, yet alone their bed :roll: i can't believe that most people think this way. i don't see my pets as dirty or gross, they're just like a part of my family! she acted as if her own pets were some kind of icky rodents, her family was even worse about it. i feel cleaner giving my dogs their goodnight kisses on their foreheads than shaking a strangers hand, at least i know where my dogs have been :p most people would i say i love my dogs too much or they're too spoiled, but i say most people just don't love theirs enough.

2. MyDixie

MyDixie New Member

My little Peke-a-poo has decided that my bed is the place for her. She sleeps on my pillow most of the time. The funniest thing is when she wants to cuddle with her daddy. He sleeps on his side and she lays slung over his stomach like in a u-shape. She just looks at him until he rolls over and then she sleeps under his chin. She has slept in our bed since she was 4 months old and she has only had one accident, I love her in the bed with me!

3. Rene

Rene New Member

LOL yes monster that is why when i do holiday dinners we do buffet style and i put the chairs around the house (then he can t get up there lol)

4. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

My poms sleep with me or my children every night. Jasmine sleeps with me sometimes, mostly when it is storming but otherwise she sleeps in her bed she made for herself behind the couch. Pheobe still sleeps in her crate since she is still so young but I am sure we know where she will end up!

5. Trixiepoo

Trixiepoo New Member

Well Trixie started out in the crate but when she was about 6 months I let her sleep in my bed but then after about 3 months of no accidents the little poop decided to potty in my room every other night so back into the crate she went then I asked my mom if she could have one more chance (she was never into the whole dog idea in the 1st place and is absessed about cleanliness) but anywayz she got her chance and was fine..... for about 1 week then she started up again and now she has to go into the crate every night. I know she knows she is doing wrong but she doesn't bark or scratch or cry like she does if she has to go in the middle of the night while she is in the crate. :( Crazy puppy I wanted her to sleep w/ me 2

6. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

How old is Trixie now. If she is still young maybe later she will get to be able to when she establishes her routine.

7. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

Rene, that picture is TOO funny!!! :lol:

8. casper

casper New Member

Hi there,

My dogs can't sleep with me because of my allergies (although if it were possible, I would definitely love it). I just love it when they're sleeping in my arms, on my lap etc - so I can imagine the comfort you get when they're in bed with you. Anyway, since they can't sleep in my bed, they're usually by the door that goes outside (i.e. guarding it) or they're right at my bedroom door. Either way, I love it when I come out in the morning and have them greet me. :)

9. Trixiepoo

Trixiepoo New Member

Puttin, Trixie is 1 year and 3 months. and last time she slept out of her crate was in April or so. (2 days in July when we went to the Cape cuz we couldn't bring her crate) But about 2 weeks ago we started leaving Trixie in half of the house while we are gone and she hasn't had an accident yet so just maybe I couuld talk my mom into giving her another chance. heehee even though she had her last chance about 2 times ago

{Word to the wise... I had a cookies and cream bar and I was lookin for it and it isn't here and somebody (im sure u kno who) just happened to throw up that day so don't leave anything around} [Maybe it is just coincidence though it could have fallen somewhere but little Trixie has been known to steal papers, trash and everything else she can get her mouth on. just thought id share lol]

10. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Trix, poor doggie. Too bad we can't give them sweets too. She is still pretty young, so she is still learing. Rufus had his accidents at that age. She will get better.

11. winnie

winnie New Member

I have 3 girls, all medium to large dogs and they all sleep with me. I only have a full size bed too so sometimes I find myself on the edge. As long as I can get in first and get comfy before they jump on its not so bad. The bed feels so empty without them, I think I should get a bigger bed. :)

12. CockatielCrazy87

CockatielCrazy87 New Member

All my dogs except for Topher and Singer sleep on my bed ( they sleep on mom and dads bed :y_the_best: ). So im stuck with Solix my wonderful Husky, Harley my Rody, Sidney my Dalmation/Golden retreiver. I love having them in my bed. Solix has grown up here one of the very who who have and every since the first day here my bed has been his bed its kind of his comfort zone. He eve lays on it the whole time im gone somewhere. Harley was a crate dog his whole life before he came to us and i invited him up on the bed it took him a few weeks but her took right to it. And Sidney well she's such a do what I want kind of girl I really had no choice wether she slept on my bed or not lol. I truly think sleeping in the same be as you dog is a good key for bonding really.

13. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

Rocky usually sleeps in his crate beside my bed, but when he does sleep on my bed he always wants my spot.