1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

worried about my kitten

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by Dunham72, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Dunham72

Dunham72 New Member

My kitten is about 9 weeks old and i got her 3 days ago, she purrs all the time, is usually playfull and is always walking around meowing. She seems to be eating and drinking fine and uses her liter box.. anyone know what might be wrong.. or is it okay that she does this

2. EternalFlame

EternalFlame New Member

Greetings! :D

Sounds like everything is normal with her... has she had any of her shots yet? A vet visit? Might want to have her checked out just to make sure she's got a good start in life.

ABout the vocalisations, some cats like Siamese are very vocal and that's just how they are. Both my cats are vocal and dont even have a drop of meezer blood in them.

3. lunaguy

lunaguy New Member

Welcome!

Good advice as always from EternalFlame.

I wonder if she's looking for/calling out to someone, like one of her siblings or her mother. It's probably normal, just give her a lot of love and attention and I'm sure she'll adapt to her new surroundings.

Keep us posted on how she's doing, and I'm sure that we would all love to see her pic sometime. :d

4. Chezza

Chezza New Member

She might be missing her sisters and Brothers maybe..She'l settle in once she gets into a routine with you, where does she sleep??
    My Jay, even when he is asleep, if he sees me get up he'l look at me and give me a "meow", I think its just an affection thing with him, like "Hi Mum", where you off too lol.. :lol:
    You will be right, but yea get a vet check, make sure she's all healthy and that theres nothing physically wrong with her...

5. Dunham72

Dunham72 New Member

She sleeps with me every night in my bed and is all up to date on her vaccinations. I was thinking the same thing that she is crying out (meowing) for her other siblings. and she always follows me around the house when i get home from work. i will post pictures once i get them on my computer.[/img]

6. tuttifrutti

tuttifrutti New Member

My Gracie has always been this way. When I took her for her first check-up I asked the vet about it and he said that she is just a vocal cat. She is, she talks to me all of the time. And if she wants to go outside, come inside, whatever, she meows and yowels until I let her in/out, lol. I thought it was just her missing her mom and siblings too, but she still does it. She always alerts me when she's in a room, because I walk in and hear her, lol.

7. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

max was extremely vocal the first three or four days coming home. i was worried at first, even my vet said he was very vocal when i took him in....but he settled down...everything was fine. they just miss their siblings and momma i think....

8. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Romeo was the same way. For the first week or so, he gave me a running commentary on whatever he was doing. Now he hardly ever meows.

-Chelle