1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

would 2 female mice fit in a 5 gallon?

Discussion in 'All other pets' started by dude412, Apr 27, 2005.

1. dude412

dude412 New Member

would 2 female mice fit in a 5 gallon

or should i just get one?

2. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

You can fit 2 mice in a 5 gallon aquarium but you will need to get a tight fiitting or locking screen cover as mice can easily escape if the cover does not fit tight enough.

Mice are naturally sociable creatures so getting 2 would be better than getting just one.

3. faeriedust1127

faeriedust1127 New Member

I would HIGHLY recommend getting a 10 gal tank or larger rather than the 5 gal, especially if you plan for 2 mice. I agree that a pair is better, but remember....mice are cute but stinky little creatures. 2 mice in a 5gal tank will not only get dirty enough to need cleaning everyday, they will also be a bit crowded. I have one mouse in a 10gal...and trust me, she stinks that up pretty quick all by herself. As active as mice are, they would be much better off with more room to burn off all that energy. You might even consider getting 2 small wheels rather than one, as mice LOVE wheels and may fight over it and cause an injury by one trying to run and they other getting caught in the bars of the wheel.