1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Zebra Finch

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by iobre8ks, Sep 20, 2004.

?

Is it easy to breed Zebra Finches?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Done It and easy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Done it and hard

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. no idea

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. iobre8ks

iobre8ks New Member

How easy do you think it is?

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Hi it is very easy to breed zebra finches they breed almost straight away once paired up and given a nest box.

mike

3. iobre8ks

iobre8ks New Member

Bought yesterday

I bought a pair yeaterday and almost imidiatly they were cuddling. About how long before i can expect to see eggs? I have two wicker baskets in the cage. They have been perfoming the mating ritual since about an hour after i put them in the cage.

4. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Its usually 1week after the first mating that finches lay there first egg and then one every other day.
    Make sure there is plenty of cuttlefish bone and mineral block as egg laying takes alot out of the female and if not enough calcium sh could end up with calcium deficiency.

mike

5. iobre8ks

iobre8ks New Member

My cat got into my cage today and i can't find the female and the male was badly hurt but i was told from the lady at the pet shop that he should live and i am going to go and buy another female if the male is doing ok on wednesday.