1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

2 lutions& an all baby white budgie???

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by kathy5, Oct 11, 2004.

1. kathy5

kathy5 New Member

friend of mine had 2 lution budgies they had a clutch of eggs & only 1 egg hatched what is the chance of this only baby being white?

this Is the family see the chick

[​IMG]

he looks to be all white are our eyes playing tricks on us??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    thanks
    Kathy

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

The chicks is ablino and to get this from 2lutinos one of them is carrying the albino gene so i have to say your friend is goin to have a beauty there.

The true feathers will not come through until 6months of age but if he/she was going to be lutino he would have yellow feathers.

Also the reason eggs dont hatch is due to them not being incubated properly and from the picture of the inside of the nest box the perch needs to be pulled out more to give the parents more room otherwise they can not incubate the eggs properly.

Mike

3. kathy5

kathy5 New Member

opps the dad is a

dark-eyed clear yellow, and the hen is lutino.

4. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

I have noticed the chicks has a few yellow feathers above its cere but i would have to say they will go and this will be a albino and i would also hazard a guess and say it is going to be a male bird i maybe wrong but i am almost sure of it..

Tell your friend she has beautiful parents and a very cute chick..

Mike :m12: