1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

29 gallon question help

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by lil shant, Sep 6, 2005.

1. lil shant

lil shant New Member

what r the measurements fro a 29 gallon aquarium

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

30 x 12½ x 18

-Chelle

3. lil shant

lil shant New Member

how many mollies and swordtails can i keep in there or is there any stuff like choices and what kidn of fish to keep in there

4. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Mollies & swordtails get around 2" - 3" and they can fall under the 1" rule so that's 29/2.5 (average) = 11.6. And just to be on the safe side and allow for breeding, I'd go with 8 or 9.

As for other fish, there's quite a few different species that would be okay in a 29 gallon tank. You'll have to be more specific about what you're looking for in terms of personality, size, color, etc.

-Chelle

5. lil shant

lil shant New Member

i am just lookin for color and not for them breed if they breed i will care for teh babies but give them away but i would like clorfull fish

6. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

You could try neons or some other small/medium sized tetras. And a school of cories on the bottom. Maybe do some dwarf gouramis (try to get 1 male and a few females). I always thought a tank with a group of tiger barbs and some clown loaches would be interesting (sort of an orange & black theme), but the loaches will eventually outgrow that tank and tiger barbs can be pretty nippy. I know someone who has a 20 gallon with a bunch of female bettas.

If you want cichlids, you could do a small group of yellow labs (1 male and 5 or 6 females). Or some dwarf cichlids or rams. You could also put a pair of cons or firemouths in there, but then you'd end up with hundreds of babies.

-Chelle