1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

29 year old budgie

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by kathy5, Nov 9, 2004.

1. kathy5

kathy5 New Member

Australia's Oldest Budgie
    According to the Guinness Book of Records the oldest budgerigar ever lived in England. He was called Charlie, and he reached the ripe old age of 29 years and 2 months. You might remember that Don was interested to find out if there are any Australian pet budgies approaching Charlie's age. We were very excited to hear about another Charlie, who was about 22 years old, but unfortunately he died before we could film him. We also heard from the owners of four budgies around the 17 year old mark.

Pretty Boy
    Recently we received a letter from Betty Cummings, who lives at Tweed Heads in New South Wales. Betty says that her blue male budgie named 'Pretty Boy' is 26 years old. We checked with Pretty Boy's breeder, who confirmed the bird's age. Betty, who is a sprightly 78, lost her husband Brian two years ago, and since then her budgie and two cats have kept her company. We think that Pretty Boy may well be the oldest budgie in Australia, and if he survives another couple of years he will break Charlie's record as the oldest budgie in recorded history. This would be very appropriate given that the budgerigar is an Australian bird.

how cool Is this I hope I'm as lucky

2. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

:shock: I hope I'm that lucky too!