1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

4 African Dwarf Frogs, need help/addvice!

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Trickster, Apr 25, 2005.

1. Trickster

Trickster New Member

I dont have the frogs yet, but when im choosing them is there anything i should look for to get 4 good, active, healthy frogs? And besides heater, filter is there anything praticular i should have in the enviroment? Im adding wood that streches out of the water aswell since they labrinths and a lil cave they can go in. and a few things to climb, (And of course plants).
    Its a 10 gallon, anything i need to know to add or how to take care of em? I know im not supposed to touch them, and i know what to feed them.

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Just look for nice active frogs. The good, healthy ones should be fairly difficult to catch. Also, make sure you're getting dwarf frogs and not clawed frogs. They sometimes get mis-labeled.

With adf's it's best to have nice smooth substrate that is either too big to fit in their mouths or small enough that it won't do any damage if it's swallowed.

ADF's are fully aquatic and although they have lungs and breath air, they really don't need any place to get out of the water. They just need open surface areas so they can get a breath.

-Chelle