1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

55 Gallon Setup!

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Heather&Nicole, Aug 8, 2004.

1. Heather&Nicole

Heather&Nicole New Member

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
    I got some great news! We set up the 55 gallon tank today! We treated the water and made sure all the levels were good before we added a couple fish. We have tester kits, tank buddies chemical additives to make the water right for them. We also got all the food and such.

We got 1 beta for this 1 gallon that we also bought his name is Vita..dont ask me why..thats Nicoles fish! (she says cuz he's a queen..in that gay way)
    Here is a pic of him/her/it LOL
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/ ... 8d3385.jpg

(((I KNOW I HAVE A CRAPPY CAMERA)))

Here is my beta ((he is in the 55 gallon)). I dont know what to call him yet...Both are crowntails.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/ ... 838f56.jpg

We got a clown pleco, he is just hiding behind the white fake plants. How long does it take for them to come out from hiding?

We also got 3 upsidedown catfish. They are so cute!! I have a question...2 of them LOVE being underneath the filter (its enclosed so they cant swim up it) why do they love sitting underneath it?

If you have any ideas or suggestions as to adding to this tank. let me know!

By the way..we ARE adding more fish, just not right now. We want the tank to be in use for awhile and cycled first :)

[​IMG]

2. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

i like the gravel colors...looks good....enought darkness but jsut the right amount of bright...i had the same mixture percentage except instead of red i used a fluorescent green.

3. Heather&Nicole

Thanks! We are thinkin bout adding maybe a couple more fake plants and one piece of driftwood.

4. M_wm

M_wm New Member

Nice get some drift wood

PS i like ur poster behind the tank :y_the_best:

5. sushi101

sushi101 New Member

betta

I had a problem when I introduced a betta to my community tank. (They are aggressive) I think that the tank was too large for him, he only lived for a couple months. They may do better in smaller environments.

6. Heather&Nicole

Yeah we took him out and put him in his own 1 gallon like hte other one.

We got some more fish today

Total List
    3- Powder Blue Gourami
    2 Kissing gourami
    1 tiger pleco
    3 upside down catfish
    3 albino cory catfish
    3 head and taillight tetras
    3 yellow congo tetra

7. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

You really shoudn't have gotten the kissing gouramis. They get 10" which will make your tank overstocked. Also, you didn't do a fishless cycle did you? I recommend checking your water parameters every day if you threw all those fish in an uncycled tank.

-Chelle

8. Heather&Nicole

We are getting a 29 gallon tank setup in the next two weeks and throwing the kissing gouramis in there.

The tank is doing well, all the levels are good and the temp is steady at 78 degrees right now. Its just a little cloudy in there, and I read its due to a bacterial bloom.