1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

90 gallon aquarium options

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by tyler_medeiros, Aug 17, 2005.

1. kc5gvn

kc5gvn New Member

Hi tyler_medeiros, Typically they say 20 gallons per Angelfish. I've always felt like that was a little overkill. Angelfish aren't a large bodied fish, but I would still only go with about 4 in the 90 gallon with 5 Dwarf Neon Rainbows. You want about 5 for them to shoal and they only get about 2 1/2 inches long. With 4 Angelfish, 5 Dwarf Neon Rainbows and 2 Cories you'll be pushing the bacterial filter a little, but really shouldn't be to difficult to manage. With a lot of greenery (suggest artificial) it will make a gorgeous tank.

2. tyler_medeiros

tyler_medeiros New Member

ok so ive been doing some more reaserch and i would prefer to do an amazon themed tank. Therefore i would like to put five of something else in place of the five rainbows. I was thinking of larger tetras or dwarf cichlids.
    what do you think.

3. kc5gvn

kc5gvn New Member

Bleeding Heart is still my favorite. Other large Tetras that would be good are the Penguin Tetras that you mentioned earlier and Buenos Airies Tetras.

4. tyler_medeiros

we really like the pengiun tetras (size?) and will the aggression from the buenos ares be a problem cause i really like them to. (size?)

5. sakura.seppun

sakura.seppun New Member

I was going to suggest Penguin tetras as well.

6. kc5gvn

kc5gvn New Member

7. tyler_medeiros

How many angles would need to be taken out in order to have 4 or five of all three of those tetras.

8. kc5gvn

kc5gvn New Member

You could still probably get by with 3 Angelfish without too much difficulty.

9. OnixRevolution

OnixRevolution New Member

:shock: Where can I get that loach!? That looks awesome!

With a 90 gallon tank you don't have too many restrictions. If you want to go community(the cheapest), I would go with some mollys, platys, tetras(there are tons of them), fancy male guppies(there are a ton of color combos with the males), and swordtails. My parents have a 60 community set up, and they have so many colors and so much action.

10. big-pig-666

big-pig-666 New Member

IMO a community tank isint quite a community tank with out a school of cories keepin the bottom clean!!