1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

A little companion for Kitty!

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by wildflower_131, Oct 4, 2005.

1. wildflower_131

wildflower_131 New Member

Unsure of the sex of the kitten .... and i just have a question regarding male cats... For those of you that have indoor male cats, do you have a problem with them spraying? I am planning to get the kitten desexed whether it is male or female, but i am a bit worried about the stigma that male cats spray. Can anyone shed any light on this dilemma! :?: thanks.

2. Cassie

Cassie Active Member

It's been my understanding that they don't spray if they're neutered. Does anyone know for sure?

3. eman

eman New Member

when i got max from the spca, i asked about this. the lady there told me that neutering makes them less likely to spray and mark territory but it is not a garentee that they wont. max was neutered when he was 3 months old. i am not sure if earlier is better...

GOOD LUCK with ur kitten..he/she is soooooo cute!!!!!!

4. wildflower_131

Here are a few pics of the little tyke!

My friend's mum thinks it is a girl, but i'm going to the vet tomorrow to get it checked out.

Kitty hissed a bit, but the first encounter not as bad as i thought it would be. Still early days yet.

Still have to think of a name. Boy and girl and then decide when i find out what sex it is. Any ideas?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. eman

eman New Member

aww!! he/she is soooooooooooooooo adorable..so so so cute. i cant stop looking at the pics! :lol:

6. Bente

Bente New Member

awwww! so cute :eek:

7. vene

vene New Member

Wow, what a little cutie. The pics are beautiful! I have 2 boys and 2 girls. They are all neutered and spayed. When I was feeding a feral/stray cat outside our home, Milo would go outdoors and spray on the bushes for territory marking. :shock: Luckily, none of the boys ever did spray inside the home even when the feral cat was brought indoors for a few days. :eek: Good luck with the integration and everything else!

8. halaroo

halaroo New Member

Adorable! Almost makes me want another.

9. wildflower_131

Went to the vet and .......

It's a little boy.

Named him Tiger. How original hey! (not)!

10. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

He is pretty darn cute. :mrgreen:

11. tuttifrutti

tuttifrutti New Member

lol, he's really photogenic. my cat totally spazzes when the camera comes near her, so all of her pics are wide-eyed, and some are only her back end since she ran off, lol.

12. wildflower_131

Well... It has been a week since i have had little Tiger in the house and Kitty wasn't too happy. On Saturday night my friend came over (the one that rescued Kitty and brought me Tiger, and we supervised their first meeting! Kitty was a bit rough to start with, bopping Tiger with her paw... BUT had Tiger and Kitty out together again last night and he was gaining confidence and this morning he was chasing Kitty and giving her some of his own medicine. They seem to be doing ok. I was a little apprehensive about putting them together so soon without a cage as a barier, but my friend just wanted to see Kitty's reaction to get some indication how she was adjusting to the new little one.

They are going well... Kitty is not too rough and is not hissing like she used to.. It looks like they are going to adapt just fine.. and i know it is still early days in the integration but i figure things could be A LOT worse. :) :)

Took some photos. will post as soon as i can!

13. wildflower_131

Piccies as promised...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. vene

vene New Member

Tiger is such a little ham and Kitty so cute and precious too! Looks like she's keeping an eye or 2 on the little tyke, lol's. Glad the integration is going well. :eek: Your pics are so gorgeous. I remember taking kitten pics of Pooky + Pumpkin. They were all little blurs. :shock: