1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

A question aboout clown loaches

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Nano, May 12, 2007.

1. Nano

Nano New Member

I was wondering if clown loaches are difficult fish to keep. I have a 100 gal tank with assorted african cichlids, and a couple of clown loaches. They seem to be doing fine, but for about a day, one went missing. He's back, and doesn't seem as active as he was before.He's just laying on a piece of slate on the bottom of the tank. Hope he's ok! The fish I have are not agressive towards them, so they are not getting picked on. Also, I have been feeding them flaked and granulated foods, lettuce, and occasionally brine shrimp.

2. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

hi nano clown loaches are schooling fish so they do like to with at least 6 of there own kind but they are known to play dead they like to lay on their sides hope this helps

3. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

Clown loaches were my favorite to keep, they help out a lot when it comes to snail infestations. They do best in groups of 4-6 and up due to how they are schooling fish. If you see them on the bottom "dead" dont be worried, they tend to play dead and jump right up. Feeding is pretty easy, they love snails that come along with live plants and flake foods. Also as a nice treat they have little tabs that are like algae tabs that they love.