1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

A visit to a "friends" house

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by bullylove1, Mar 23, 2004.

1. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

Hi,
    Gotta a story here that really pissed me off. Any offerings of advice are welcome.
    So, me and Curt went to one of his buddys houses last night. He has a 5 month old red nose Pit named Jesus. Gorgeous dog! He is one of the most handsome of any dog I have ever seen.
    Anyways, this dog is COMPLETELY out of control. Alan has not done any real training with this dog. It jumped up onCurt and tried to nip him in the face. Then Alan stands up and says "watch this, I'm teaching him attack training." WHAT! was my reaction. He then proceeds to throw punches in the air and air kick so the dog will attack his arm and what not. Now I know there is a name for it. Shutzchund or something, but I don't believe he is doing this for any good reason other than to have an attack dog. So then we are about to walk out and there is a huge hole in the wall. Curt asked what happend. Alan kinda looked at me for a sec and was like, "uh, Jesus. He jumped up at me one day and scratched my eye with his paw so hard, it was bleeding all over the place. I was so mad, I just picked him up and threw him."

My face got so red, and I was so pissed. I asked him what kind of person throws a 5 month dog into a wall. He then proceeded to tell us that "Pits need it man" Knowing we have one and have trained it fine he says, "I have heard girls are a lot better, but the guys just test all the time, you need it to show them who the boss is."

Curt had to pretty much drag me out of the house so I didn't throw his friend through the wall. What a c*n&! I don't knwo what to do. He was also offered a blue nose for $1000 and wants to breed the two in like a year. When I told him it was horse sh!t and blues and red noses aren't any more rare than any other dog, and he's not going to make huge money, I don't think he beleived me. At least there's a while to talk him out of it. The sick thing is, is that the reputable breeder who he bought his rednose from is the one offering him the bluenose. Does this make sense? Maybe he's not so reputable after all.

On the ride home I was so pissed and asked Curt what kind of moster throws a dog into the wall. The other side is that other than the "occassional" abuse (not that I am sticking up for it) and I don't really know how else he treats the dog, I have only seen him a hand full of times, he is probably better off with this guy than lots of others out there. I don't want to call animal control on him because they wouldn't do anything anyways, he has great living conditions, tons of food and water, gets lots of excersice and love. So, should I just say something to him myself and see if he listens?
    Sorry for rambling.
    Leslie

2. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

I knew a guy like you you described, who used what I call abusive measure to toughen up his pit. Well, the last I heard, the tables turned and the pit turned on him. So he got rid of it, don't even ask how. So in a couple of months, ask that guy, "How's that working for you"? But by then the poor dog will be so spiritually damaged that he may not be saved. HAVE MERCY!!! There's nothing anyone can do to prevent this from happening. Government has pretty much turned their backs as far as punishing animal abusers. It's still a "slap on the wrist" offense. Do what you can and hug your own dogs tight.

3. MyPetTherapyDog

MyPetTherapyDog New Member

:eek:
    I say have your boyfriend talk to him "Man to Man" It probably would sit better. Have him tell him that he has "Experience in training bully breeds" and would love to share his knowledge with him.
    Then, if the dogs get along well, take them both out for a play date, showing the "abusive fool" how to properly train using positive behavior methods. Once it works and his pup is responding well to it in front of him, he shall HOPEFULLY see that this is the PROPER way to train a dog.
    Hope this helps. It's what I would do anyway in your shoes!
    Susan

4. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

Thanks, I may have Curt talk with him. Unfortunately harley is dog aggressive, so play dates are out of the question. I may start going ove there more often and spending time with his dog, maybe train it myself a bit. This guy used to work at a pet store, so he thinks he knows everything about animals. The funny part is, he managed the reptile dept. so I don't know how tht relates the dogs. Oh well, may go back this weekend and take him for a walk. See how he performs on a leash.

5. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

So, when we were out this weekend. This guys dog came into conversation again. 3 different people had told me that they had personally seen the abuse and it was real bad. One of our friends just bought a house and offered to buy the dog off him, he just wants him to give it up but the guy won't. I will be calling the SPCA today and am a little nervous. I am not even going to tell my boyfriend, who is my bestfriend and knws everything. I know he thinks it will be a good idea, but would worry that this guy would find out its him. So I think its just better that I do it and keep the little secret to myself.

The problem: I haven't actually seen the abuse myself. I just saw the hole in the wall from where he threw the dog into it. He is one of the most beautiful Pit puppies I have ever seen and at 51/2 monts, is HUGE! Has anyone ever called th SPCA on someone before? I don't know his exact address, but I know the complex of condos where he lives. I am thinking I will tell the SPCA to tell him that a neighbour complained about it. I am not sure how to approach it. He also has a caiman crocodile, which is illegal. He was supposed to buy a tank from us that we bought but never filled because we are too busy, and right now, he just has it sitting in a plastic container with the lid propped up. This croc is almost 2 ft. and when we were there, and saw it in the box he didn't even have light in there for heat. This guy is a total creep.

I am very very nervous, and am scared that more could happen to him than I am aware of. I think he sells pot, which I don't agree with, but its not like he sells to children, he sells to all grown me, to each their own. Anyways, if the SPCA goes there and sees any pot, they are probably going to call the police, and he will probably go to jail because he is on his last string right now. I know this guy deserves to go to jail, I just don't know if I have to stomach t be the one to do it, and then keep it to myself forever. Should I just go and warn him first that I will call authorities on him if he abuses the dog? I am worried because he knows where we live, and although he's friends with Curt, desperate times call for desperate measures. I would hate for him to "come after" us and do something to our home or Harley.

Sorry for the rambling, and any suggestions please advise.

6. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

sweetie, Its for the best. They can not reviel your name or who you are under any circumstances. If you request to be anonymis (spell??) then you will remain that way.

If curt has heard of the abuse from others, then there will be no reason he won't disagree, or if you continue with the secret plann, I don't see where he'd think it was you. Just another neighbor.

Girl call, 2 animals, 1 in bad conditions and obviously not taken care of, in a drug run home with an abusive man.....you do the math.

Perhaps he'll think it was a neighbor and just surrender the dog and croc.

ITs for the best. I commend you for doing this. Its hard to put friends and even family in these conditions. But remember who and whats being hurt here. Once he gets tired of abusing the dog, what do you think he's going to move to? perhaps a friend, stranger, lover????

7. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

Thanks Sam,
    I guess I just needed some reassurance. He has had some abuse on hhis girlfrined before, but i don't know the extend. I will be calling this afternoon.