1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Ammonia levels before Nitrite is present

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by drab911, Mar 22, 2005.

1. drab911

drab911 New Member

Hello everyone... Is it normal for your ammonia levels to drop a little bit before there are any nitrite levels present?? I had it up to about 3.7 yesterday and now it looks like it is back to about 2.6 or so.... I have read that you need to keep it up throughout the process until nitrate is present.. but where is it going anyways? And should I be adding a little amonia every day??
    Thanks

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Some of it has probably been converted to nitrIte, but not enough to register on the nitrIte test. You should start seeing nitrItes any day now.

-Chelle