1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

An introduction

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by Cassie, Jun 9, 2004.

1. Cassie

Cassie Active Member

Hi everybody. I'm new here and just wanted to say hi and let you know a little about me. I have had cats all my life up until 12 years ago when hubby and I got together. He's a dog person and I'm a cat person so we decided to get neither. He began truck driving last year and he agreed to us adopting a kitten to keep me company while he's away for days on end. Well, we adopted a wonderful little gal last friday and I just love her to death. I'll be taking her to the vet on monday for her rabies vaccine and to check on a cold that she has. She's sneezing and her eyes are oozing a bit but other than that, she's playful, eating extremely well and using her litter box like a pro. While we were sitting on the couch playing with her the other day we were discussing what to name her when she crawled up on hubby's chest and sneezed right in his face. We both shouted Booger! So that's her name now :mrgreen:

2. halaroo

halaroo New Member

=P~ Hi Cassie and welcome to the forum. Congrats on adopting Booger (that sounds really weird)! Keep monitoring her eating habits and if she stops eating try to get her to the vet before Monday if you can. URIs are never pleasant!

Post some pictures when you have a chance (we love pictures!!).

3. Cassie

Cassie Active Member

Hi and thanks for the welcome. Hubby's sister told us this morning of a local walk in clinic so if she seems to get worse, we'll just take her there instead. It's always good to have a backup plan :wink:

4. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

congrats....my hubby always professed to be a non-cat person. Well let's just say he's probably still be doing his own laundry if he didn't change 8) he did and even helps me with my foster kitties.

5. Cassie

Cassie Active Member

Mary, my supposed self-professed non-cat person has been crawling on the floor playig with her every chance he gets. He had to go on the road this morning and won't be home till Thursday but told me on his way out the door that he's going to stop by the pet store and buy that $50 cat tree on his way home! :lol:

6. halaroo

halaroo New Member

Honestly, how can anyone resist a kitten?

7. vene

vene New Member

Congrats on acquiring Booger! I bet you can call her Boo or booboo. Sounds like she's going to be one spoiled little kitty! I love dogs too, but they are harder to take care of than cats so we have 4 cats instead.

8. Cassie

Cassie Active Member

Here's a pic of Booger from the shelter's website. I haven't taken any myself yet. The funny thing is that when I was browsing pics on their site before going up there, I had my heart split between two other kittens. Booger won my heart because she was so sweet and friendly. You can see in the pic that her eye's are running a bit. I've decided to not wait till monday's appointment. I'm taking her to the walk-in clinic Thursday when hubby get's home. She's still eating really well but I noticed that she's not as playfull today as she's been and her pad's feel a little warm.

BTW, I've caught myself calling her Boogs and Boogie

[​IMG] :mrgreen:

9. halaroo

halaroo New Member

She's very cute! What a lucky girl to have found you - you sound like you'll be a great mother.

10. nern

nern New Member

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new kitty...she's a cuite. :D