1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Animal Cops t.v. show

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by Chessmind, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi. Do any of you ever watch the Animal Cops show on the Animal Planet station? I'm not sure if this show shows outside of the USA. It's hard to watch how cruel people can be to animals. The last episode I saw a pit bull had his muzzled duck taped so that another pit bull could mall him, in order for that dog to gain more confidence. That poor dog was so injured.

Another dog had cable wires tied around it's body and chained to a fence. As the dog grew the cable grew into it's body. The poor dog had open flesh all over it's body and neck where the cable was.

A cat was thrown up in the air by kids and broke it's spine. The family claimed it didn't do anything, because they don't have the money. Just take the cat to a shelter.

So many dogs so emaciated because the owners don't feed them. Such as a pair of Saint Bernards that were locked in a basement with no food for so long. Or another dog that was emaciated and freezing because the owners left it tied up outside in freezing weather with no food. This poor dog even had major injuries from the cold on his flesh.

It's just so sad that people can actually be so cruel to these wonderful animals that just want to be loved.

I really think the punishments for animal cruelty should be more severe.

2. halaroo

halaroo New Member

We do get Animal Planet in Canada, but I wouldn't watch the show if I had it. I just can't stomach that sort of thing. It's so sad and maddening that people can be so stupid and cruel sometimes.

3. Bente

Bente New Member

I watch Animal Cops, and it's heartbreaking to see how some people treat their animals... But it's also very rewarding to wach when they save some of them :)

I wish we could have animal cops here in Norway...

4. halaroo

halaroo New Member

My local humane society has just started training their animal cops as "forensic investigators". We've had a few really bad cases of animal cruelty in the past year. Hopefully with the new training they can at least bring the perpetrators to justice a little swifter (and harsher). I get so angry when I read about the slap on the wrist most of these losers get...

5. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

I have watched the show Animal Cops. There are some very sad stories on there but it is heart warming to see many of the animals be rehabilitated and given to good homes.

I haven't watched recently. Sometimes it is just too sad.

6. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

as upsetting as it is I watch it - I find it helpful in knowing what to look for in animal abuse.
    I'd like to at least have some knowledge before kicking an abuser's arse

7. vene

vene New Member

I used to watch the show years ago. It's heartwrenching watching the the animals get abused. And I'm glad that there's law enforcement working hard to make sure the abused animals get justice. I agree that the punishments for animal cruelty is too lenient.

8. Chezza

Chezza New Member

Iv watched it, but sometimes I have to turn over its just too horrible... What people can do to animals is just disgusting and so cruel.. :cry: :cry:

9. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

I agree Chezza. I can't stop watching it. Last night a pit bull had acid thrown on 1/3 of his body. He was so severely burned. The owner just left it like that for 3 weeks without taking him to the vet. His other pit bull had a broken, infected paw. They arrested him for animal cruelty. He faces a $1000 (USA dollars) fine and up to 1 year in jail if convicted. They never say on the show what the judge's ruling is.

Both dogs are still very sweet and were adopted. So that is good news.

10. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

oh that's what happened. I caught some of that when I went home at lunch. They play the show from the previous night at noon. I always want to stay and watch it to the end but I don't have enough time. And I can't stay up to 11pm. My advancing years require a great deal of beauty sleep
    :m9:

11. Chezza

Chezza New Member

Im just so glad that we have people like that in the world to care for our animals when people dont..I take my hat off to them immensly. There job must be so heart breaking and difficult at times..There a credit to all.