1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Any Maltese owners? (or maltese mixes)

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by ilovemypets, Mar 23, 2004.

?

What kind of dog is your toy dog?

1. Yorkie (or yorkie mix)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Maltese (or maltese mix)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Poodle (or poodle mix)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. shih tzu (or shih tzu mix)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. pom. (or pom mix)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ilovemypets

ilovemypets New Member

I was just wonderin... I have a Maltese puppy that is about 1yr old. He has tear stains, which arent by far as bad as they were when he was younger... I was wondering if this is a common thing in Maltese, or if it is inherited.. My aunt has two maltese (one by the same breeder as mine) and hers have some tear stains too....Is there really anything to help these? I know that distilled water is suppose to be good, and frequently washing their faces. any replies will be appreciated!! :mrgreen:

2. Mackie8494

Mackie8494 New Member

3. ilovemaltipoos

ilovemaltipoos New Member

Can be the food or an allergy also .Try a better food and give benedryl (childrens) Ask your vet for the dossage on your particular pet though .Alot of it is inherited though .

4. bellasmommy

bellasmommy New Member

yeah maltese are prone to tear staining.

have you tried any of those pads to help, like show eyes (i think that's what the brand is called)? i would recommend wiping the face every morning, and after every nap. that should help.

5. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Mone is a mini poodle and my other, not on list is a terrier mix.

6. Alabamamom1

Alabamamom1 New Member

As you can tell by my pic. tear staining is not a problem w/ Romeo, well at least is if it is I would never be able to tell w/ this little black furball. Actually tear staining is the reason that I bought a black dog instead of a white one. But there was a really good link about maltese tearstaining on the old board. I visited the link and it said that tear staining can be genetic, but not always and it gave a lot of useful information on that. It would be worth a visit to the old board for the link and it's info.