1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Any Papilon-cross owners out there?

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by MicroMuttMom, Apr 16, 2004.

1. MicroMuttMom

MicroMuttMom New Member

:kiss_heart:

Thanks, gang! My husband and I are pretty smitten, that's for sure. Gotta get the little critter to stop biting tho -- have read a whack of stuff on the issue and are doing it all: yelping, ignoring, holding muzzle shut when all else fails. I guess it just takes time, huh? She's not yet nine weeks old.

2. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

About the biting, it is great that you are starting early in teaching him not to bite. The best thing to do when he bites you is to let out a loud, high-pitched yelp, walk away, and COMPLETELY ignoring him (no eye contact, no petting, to talking to him, etc.) for several minutes. Some dogs catch on right away, while others take a little while, but the key is persistence!

(The other methods, such as holding the muzzle shut, are really ineffective and not a good idea for they either encourage the behavior or cause further aggressiveness - among other problems. And PLEASE don't practice the Alpha Roll method!!!)

Good Luck! :D

3. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

Oh Malti count me in, I am DEFINITELY willing to bet on that one!!! What do you wanna' start at? hehe :wink:

It's ok Monster, we still love ya'! :kiss_heart:

4. ilovemaltipoos

ilovemaltipoos New Member

Yes ,do not use the alpha roll ,and ignoring is the best when he bites and holding the muzzle too .Shihpoo has em going for you ,so by the time I have been paged ,she has answered .Getting good at the answers too ! Classes will help you and your pet to ovecome these little quirks puppies have ,so I would still recommend one for you and your baby .

:shock: Betcha 10 Shihpoo ! :0016: And we certainly do lovethe Monster ...One of a kind there and love her to peices :kiss_heart: ,Now if I could just figure out how you are getting my pages ? :0020:

5. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

Hehe.... love you both also! And no worries, I don't even think I've ever "HAD IT" to LOSE ... hehe. ](*,)
    :0023:

6. MicroMuttMom

MicroMuttMom New Member

Thanks for the biting advice

I promise not to use the Alpha Roll method -- not 100% sure what it is anyhow! ;-)

We'll stick to the yelping and ignoring routine, and we're definitely planning on puppy classes once Stella has had her third round of shots and the Kennel Cough vaccine.

Cheers,

Lil

7. ilovemaltipoos

ilovemaltipoos New Member

Rolling them over on their backs and holding them down .In the world of the canine that is a death hold . Great about the classes !!! Go for it !