1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone else hear about the kitten torturing in AUS?

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by PilotKitten, May 13, 2004.

1. PilotKitten

PilotKitten New Member

What a horrible thing to do!! These guys got off SO easy...they are lucky I wasn't a judge or in a jury (however they do things over in Aus...).

Sydney - Six Australian soldiers have pleaded guilty in court to torturing a litter of kittens, one of which was dragged behind a motorcycle and then crushed under the wheel of a jeep, national radio reported on Monday.

Magistrate David Glasgow said the six had brought disgrace and dishonour to the army by their actions, which also included burning three kittens alive.

The six soldiers from a base in the east coast city of Townsville were fined around R10 000 and ordered to perform 100 hours of service at the Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.

The soldiers' defence counsel blamed the incident on drunkenness and said alcohol was the cause of many regrettable acts within the armed forces.

Edited by Duane Heath

2. nern

nern New Member

That is horrible. Drunk or not, you'd have to be a pretty cold-hearted person to do something so cruel.

3. kyles101

kyles101 New Member

that could be false that report. i have not heard anything like that in the news. animal cruelty cases like that are plastered all over the news and papers yet i havent heard a word. i will check todays paper and see if i can find anything.

4. PilotKitten

PilotKitten New Member

Oh no it's not false. It's ALL over the news in other parts of the world. I've had several friends (from AUS, South Africa, and England) bring it to my attention. I dunno why it's not in the news in the US....

edited to add* Oh you are in AUS....I wonder why you haven't heard about it? I can understand some people in the US not hearing about it though.

Here's the links.

http://www.news24.com/News24/World/News/0,,2-10-1462_1525026,00.html

And the link to the first part I quoted in the earlier post...

http://www.news24.com/News24/World/News/0,,2-10-1462_1524604,00.html

5. kyles101

kyles101 New Member

its not in news.com.au. maybe its a queensland thing, they are pretty secretive, especially when it comes to animal cruelty by government authorities.

6. PilotKitten

PilotKitten New Member

So animal cruelty committed by authorities happens often? :?