1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone else know about this!?

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by Ms.DoctorxxFixerxxUper, Jan 21, 2006.

1. Ok, my baby pit bull, Lilly, just recently started
    Puking and having the sqirts....She would drink or eat
    For a while but then she did if I gave it to her or
    Gave her water in a little tube...I thought it might be
    Parvo but then she started to do alot better...
    And one of my friends that has a pit also told me
    That she is just teething....His pit did the same
    Thing. Not to worry, she will be alright....
    So, i'm coming to conclusion that its not
    Parvo, cause lord knows i have had my
    Deal with parvo and i know what it does
    And how it makes them feel.....
    So, rule out parvo...
    Maybe teething?
    Anyone ever hear of this happening?
    My mom said babies did the same thing
    When they are teething.....
    So...
    Whats all of your thoughts on this matter?

-Kimberly

2. MyPetTherapyDog

MyPetTherapyDog New Member

Hi:
    Welcome to the board.

Honestly, I would take the pup to the vet to get a medical opinion on what it is instead of having people who have never seen the dog before make a guess before she gets too sick.
    Pups can get dehydrated so easily it is better to be safe rather than sorry. If you can't afford medical care, try alling an animal welfare organization that may be able to help you with medical assistance.

I hope your pup gets better soon.
    Sue

3. doglover1234

doglover1234 New Member

Hi there didnt you have the chi that just died from parvo ? If so , parvo is still very contagious your house needed to be treated with bleach as you can carry it many ways, your shoes your clothes. If not your new dog may have parvo as well. As those are some symptoms of it. Hope that is not whats going on. Your vet will be able to rule that out.

4. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

I agree with the other two posts, especially if you have had another dog in your house that died from parvo, your new pup is at an extremely high risk....and Pit Bulls are in the higher risk category of dogs that really dont do well with parvo (Rotts, Dobies, GSD's, Great Danes and a few other breeds are high risk breeds). Take your pup to the vet. Its not worth taking a chance.

5. This year is the worst year yet!!!....- (I need relief)

Gosh, it doesnt matter no more.
    She has parvo.
    My baby dog is dying because some asshole
    Of a guy lied to me saying she had ALL of her
    Shots...lol....Fucking asshole!!!!
    He got NONE of her shots!
    Gosh, why couldnt the guy just tell me the TRUTH!!!
    She wouldnt be dying....
    I would of got her shots...
    But.
    Now, it's too late.
    She will be dead by morning...

This is world we live in, Ladies and Gentlemen.
    Money wanting, (Makes the world go 'round)
    Fucked up world.....
    Money can't buy crap!!
    You make happiness yourself,
    Love yourself,
    Anything that you can actually say....
    Hey, i'm actually happy/content...
    -Money had no part of.
    I hate money, and people that lie!!!!!
    Yea, they can go to hell.
    GAAA, why is this year soooo bad ALREADY!!??
    Why, for one day, couldnt something good come out of this year!?
    I mean, it just started and already i have lost 2 dogs and
    My nerves are shot to hell.
    I can't take any more.

Loosing the ones i love....
    Yea, they are just animals...BUT.
    They never judged me.

I can't help but cry and curse.

6. kyles101

kyles101 New Member

sorry for your loss but you do realise dogs can still get parvo even when they have had their shots? so you dont know if the guy lied or not. even if he did its not just his fault. you had the oppurtunity to take your pup to the vet, or if you had no money, to hand it over to a shelter. you literately stood by and watch your pup die. seeing as you have already had 1 dog die from it you should have known better. sorry to be harsh but its true.

how many weeks old was the dog when you got her?

7. MyPetTherapyDog

MyPetTherapyDog New Member

Thats too bad. I am sorry for your loss.

Yes, animals cost a ton of money to care for. Its sad to say but if you can't afford medical care for your animals, then its best to not own them until you can get on your feet financially.

It does hurt to loose your loved ones and it is not optimum for the dogs welfare either.

You know what would be beneficial for you? It would not cost anything either and I see that you have so much love to give. Why not try to volunteer at your local animal shelter?

You could learn so much about dog behavior and really make a shelter dogs life so much brighter.

The dogs appreciate everything you do for them and the best part, you can love as many animals as you like and the cost won't come from your pocketbook.

I love volunteering at my local shelter. Those animals need people that care.

Why not give it a try in the future?

Take care,

Sue

8. Yes, i know she could still get it even with shots...
    But the guy said she was reg. too and he would send
    Her papers to me, and considering he lied about that,
    He lied about all the pups having shots.
    And yes, i know stupid me, loving animals,
    And not using my head....She was 6 wks. old when i got her.
    She was the only one that wouldnt come to me so i thought--
    "I want this one!"...lol...I fell in love with her right there...
    And i'll remember what you said.
    (Don't get animal unless you have money...)
    Money is the thing.
    -Good tip.

And Sue, thank you...
    I will consider that.
    It can help me take my mind
    Off of.....alot.

9. doglover1234

doglover1234 New Member

She still looked pretty young. I am not sure he would have had her fully vaccinated anyway hun. They require several series of shots so he could have started her but with her being so young and around your other dog who had parvo even if vaccinated there was a strong possibility she would have gotten it. So now you know for future animals. Sometimes sad as it is its a learning process always with animals. I am sorry for both your losses this year I know it must be extremly hard. Maybe with time you can try again just please be sure and properly disinfect their living area. For any other dogs sake that you may come in contact with as well, you can still carry the virus and other dogs can get it so please disinfect everything.