1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone know how long a Spanish Mustang can run.

Discussion in 'Horses - all breeds / types' started by imikec, Jul 9, 2004.

1. imikec

imikec New Member

Anyone,

Please tell me how long a Spanish Mustang can run for at full gallop or/ full speed before becoming winded.

Thanks so much,

imikec

2. Laura05

Laura05 New Member

like I said... it depends on the horse.... it isn't a breed... it is the horse personaly. You can have two quarter horses... one fit... one fat... they both have different times that they would get tired. You can't just pick a breed and say "how fast will it go and for how long?"

what is this obsession with this topic anyway?

3. imikec

imikec New Member

Hi Laura5

Listen,

All I asked in my question, and hoped for. Required an answer from someone who knows horses, maybe a breeder. Who would not give a complicated reply" without actually even answering my simple question"!

"If a person ask how long can a farm horse run". A person with common sense would imagine any ADVERAGE BASIC AMERICAN WORK HORSE in it's prime. Don't care what freekin breed! Don't most horses have a well known speed of about 50 to 60 miles per hour. Don't most people in adverage good health know matter what race/nationality, run at the same speed, and tire about the same time. I'm not an expert. If the damn horse was old or weak, or what ever, I would have included such information, would'nt that be the odvious thing to do. I was looking for a roundabout answer not a scientific response.

Question: How fast can an old fat nasty 10 year old lazy "spanish mustang" run before tiring. Maybe 100 yards or maybe none.

PS Again I'm not obessed with the question, just curious. Although now I don't care one bit anymore.

Anyhow thanks for your time.

Mike

4. OTTB lvr

OTTB lvr New Member

Mike, I'm gonna have to back Laura on this one. No expert trainer or breeder would be able to give you a definite answer along the lines you're looking for, with the lack of information you've provided. As Laura said, it depends on the horse. If you can't offer specifics, noone can offer you an answer. Yes, there is a maximum speed a horse can hit. But not every horse, or ever breed for that matter, is designed to run at that speed. Some breeds aren't designed to "run" at all.

5. imikec

imikec New Member

To: OTTB Ivr (Thanks)

OTTB Ivr,

"Believe it or not your answer is well understood". But again when I mentioned a Spanish Stallion, without detail, I was looking for some sort of stimulating answer. Like well Mike, possibly a young Spanish Stallion can perform at one level, and an older one can possibly perform at another. Nothing percise if you will. Just a basic idea. If I wanted specifics I would have included them. Although asking a question in full detail is a major plus in any event.

I guest two wrongs don't make a right on this note?

Anyhow Thanks,

Mike

6. elizavixen

elizavixen New Member

? Why the attitude? No one can answer such a question.

7. imikec

imikec New Member

Response

Hi,

because the first answer to my question, stated that I need to give specifics on exactly the horses personality. I figured that without a defect in any horses personality I could get a round-a-bout figure on my question. But because I do know that most, if all horses, love to run, and their would'nt be a very large difference to take into consideration. All I was looking for was a basic answer. Mind you I know not very much about any horse.

I sorry if I offended anyone at all. Your absolutely right it's not worth getting all worked up about.

Your answer the way you phrase it would have well answered my question from the very start.

Thanx

Mike