1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Are 2 Dogs better Than 1 ?????

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by pamr61, Jun 24, 2004.

1. pamr61

pamr61 New Member

I also believe in the notion that what's meant to be will find a way. Just like finding Rusty on the highway that day......I wasn't looking to have a dog at that particual time. I sort of had it in the back of my head for someday after my cat was gone, and things like that. But for some reason the planets aligned that day,or whatever it is that makes two pathways cross at the exact moment they need to in order to change both of those paths forever. I know sounds corny..... but I think some things are more than just accidental, they are precisely guided.
    But, my point being, I'm trying to keep that in mind with the idea of a second dog. Like being careful not to force things,and make a bad choice for both us and the other dog. I would for sure want to adopt from a shelter. There are some good ones around and sometimes I've seen some great little dogs needing homes. And I just want to make things as secure and happy as possible for my little Rusty mutt. And he seems to enjoy being around another dog so much.

2. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

3. pamr61

pamr61 New Member

I've actually already looked at a couple of those same dogs on the net earlier today, sam :)

4. Rene

Rene New Member

pam i would say go for two dogs also my two yorkies love each other and keep each other company when we are gone. One day sebastain had a vet appointment so i took him and locked nala outside well this was the first time Jasmine was all alone i guess she sat there on the couch and cried my daughter was sleeping in her room and heard her so she got up and went to see what was wrong and she was just sitting on the couch all by herself. Needless to say when one has an appiontment they BOTH go.

5. nern

nern New Member

I had no plans of getting a second dog when I got Sebastian but everything has worked out great. I will probably always have at least 2 dogs. Best of luck Pam!

6. pamr61

pamr61 New Member

I had a thought last night-- I have an uncle that lives about 40 miles away from me--- he and his wife rescue puppy mill dogs, and such. They have a sort of a farm out in the country. Last I heard they had something like 16 dogs they had rescued. Many of them they haven't been able to adopt out because of behavior issues, so they just keep them on their farm. But I'm thinking they may know of, or at some time in the future come across a dog that would be a good sister for Rusty. I might give them a visit this weekend.
    Or, maybe the right one will come along and it will feel right.... I'm going to be keeping an eye out, and hopefully know when it is right and meant to be :)