1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Arm & Hammer cat litter

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by nern, Mar 19, 2004.

1. funky-rat

funky-rat New Member

I don't know what brand it is that Sam's Club sells, but it's fabulous. It comes in the huge tub with the metal handle and has a green lid. It's only $8 (!!!!!) per container (US). It works great, lasts a long time (we have a roll-a-way box), controls odor wonderfully.

My mom and dad got a bad tub once. It was clumped inside the tub. My dad called the number on the tub, they apologized, fed-ex'd him a fresh tub to replace it, an extra tub for his trouble, and a return label because they wanted to test the bad stuff. That sold him on it.

2. Ashimmerystar

Ashimmerystar New Member

I wont use arm and hammer, or for that matter a lot of products because they test on animals such as the cats we love so much. I am into animal rights so obviously I wont use it but I do not see how knowing this information I could continue to use a product for my kitty that another kitty had to die to create.

Just a thought.

:qm4:

3. vene

vene New Member

Ashimmerystar, what types of cat litter and foods do they do the animal tests on?

4. Ashimmerystar

Ashimmerystar New Member

Vene I would be happy to compile a list for you. Its become something I dont even think about since I already know what I can use and what I cant sicne I have been doing this since I was 16, 8 years. But When I see the name of a product I know that its not one I will use ecause the company is an animal testing company, such as Arm and Hammer.

I'll get back to you on that.

5. EternalFlame

EternalFlame New Member

:shock: yeah i'd like to see that list too please. geepers. i wouldnt use something if i knew they tested on animals.

karen> i'll keep ya informed ;)

6. fridaylove

fridaylove New Member

Call me "DUH" but I was wondering what you guys meant by "Dust"...I use Tiddy Cat Kitty Litter for the kitties. It seems a little dusty when I put it in the box, but then after that it settles....I haven't noticed a dust when the kitties use the box....

So, what do you mean when you say dust...or maybe I'll buy some arm and hammer and see what the difference is in the two!

7. EternalFlame

EternalFlame New Member

well duh, lol j/k j/k ;) i'm gonna speak for myself coz i'm generally usually very confused anyway-

but to me dusty means well just that. when u are pouring it if it's super dusty that usually means it's not good for the kitties when they are in the box kicking it around... it'll get into thier lil lungs and stuff. :!: :shock:

i really need to find a better litter myself... but it's gotta clump well too.