1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

average age for a parakeet?

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by tina1, Aug 5, 2004.

1. tina1

tina1 New Member

I'm just curious if anyone could tell me what age parakeets usually live to be? I had one for 6 before I gave her to my grandma and she ( the bird not my grandma :lol: ) died 2 years later. So I figure she was around 9 years old. Lots of people tell me that this is quite uncommon and that she was very long lived. Is this true?

Thank you!!!

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Hi as with all animals the heathier they are and well looked after the longer they will live.
    2 of my cousins budgies are now nearly 11 and 14 so aslong as they are well looked after and see an avian vet regularly then should live a long life.

Average life span is usually about 6years.

mike

3. tina1

tina1 New Member

Thanks, wow I didn't know they could live to be 14 years old!

4. plumbie03

plumbie03 New Member

it's also possibe for them to live to be 16