1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

BAAADDD kitty side manners!!!

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by shnen, Mar 30, 2006.

1. shnen

shnen New Member

So I took my one kitty to the vet. Where we go you make an appointment and you usually get whoever is working, so you don't book with a specific doctor.

Now we are usually thrilled with the service and the vets we get, however - after Monday - I am SOOOOO not impressed.

This vet had the WORST kitty side manners, poor Serendipity was trying to hide in my arms the whole time - he tried to leave the thermometer on for like 3 minutes and kept wiggling it around... I felt like smacking him!

Also - after much squeezing and increasing hastiness towards her he has the nerve to tell me that she has a heart murmer - no one else has ever said anything of the sort!

So anyways the bad vet with the bad breath is going to cost us another $80 so we can get a second opinion... I didn't like him AT ALL. He didn't even find her name on the chart... nasty man! :x

2. Shedevil677

Shedevil677 New Member

i know hoe you feel shnen, we've had a few of those too.

We also had a vet recently that was great with our cats, but then when we brought our dog in, she just changed, and, as you might say, displayed very poor dog side manners!

At our vet you can choose the person that you want to see your pet, maybe you should see if you can, i think all you have to do, is ask when there next shift is and book your pet in then!

Glad your kitty is home safe now.

3. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

That was awful. I hope you can find a good Vet that you like. I agree, sometimes you can request to see a certain Vet where there is a group of them. You can do that where I go. Maybe they also have that policy at your Vet's.

4. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

LOL. I know you are mad about the whole ordeal and I am sorry, but your post was very funny. I'm still laughing. I once had a bad vet to. It's no fun for both you and your fur animal. I would honestly, send what you wrote here at Auspet to the vet. You could make the whole letter anonymous. If anything, he may try and do something about his bad breath (halitosis). Then he'll just be a bad vet with good breath. I suppose that's a slight improvement. Remember, you can make a difference. I hope your next vet visit is far better.

5. shnen

shnen New Member

It's ok Chessmind - I am mad in a somewhat comical way, so go ahead and laugh :lol:

Perhaps I will see if I can get the other vets we normally see. You know the strange thing about it - they told me that within the year I have a free check up for Serendipity... I am wondering if they gave it to me since they knew that guy was a dud????

I will certainly ask specifically for the vet I like when I call next... my BF was about to go down and make dog food out of the vet when I told him what happened!

Poor Serendipity is still traumatized though, she won't let anyone go near her butt! :(

6. halaroo

halaroo New Member

Always the dentist..... :lol:

Sorry about your troubles Shnen. I, too, would send a letter to the vet telling them you're not happy with this particular guy.

I absolutely love my vet. He has this amazing ability to calm Moe down. I've never seen anyone as good with cats as him. I once had to take her to his colleague for an emergency and he was so rough with her! I was not impressed. He kept telling me that she was too aggressive, but she's never that way with people who are nice to her - only when she's afraid.

7. tuttifrutti

tuttifrutti New Member

Haha, our vet does that too. You can request a certain vet, but I usually don't for Gracie, my kitty, since they have all been good with her. my dogs though I do request a certain vet, with just Ranger he was fine with any vet, but with Snickers, her first two visits were traumatizing, so even a vet just doing things normally, but not extra carefully, terrifies her, so we have to requst a certain vet who is much more gentle with her and lays on teh praise and always enters the room with treats, lol, to make Snickers her friend, at least temporarily.