1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

babay gate

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by winnie, Apr 5, 2004.

1. winnie

winnie New Member

hey guys...i have yet another question....I am not crate traininjg my pup...i just put her in there when she is unsupervised for saftey...I just got a babygate and i am going to put it in the kitchen and put syd in there when i leave with a doggy bed, toys and water....anyone else do this and if so how does the puppy like it....thanks

2. loonyluna

loonyluna New Member

well, isn't putting her in her crate when she cannot be supervised considered crate training? A couple of months ago I moved Luna from being in her crate to being in the kitchen while I am not home. It worked great. She had more space plus water and toys. I put a blanket down on the floor for her to lie on too. One day I got home from work later than usual and she had chewed the placemat under her water dish. But that's it. Just make sure that she can't get into the garbage, into the cupboards or reach anything on the counter. My only problem now is that Luna learned to jump the baby gate. doh!

3. Alabamamom1

Alabamamom1 New Member

:idea: I say great idea. I don't usually post on this board, but a lot of people on the small dog forum do this--myself included-except I use the bathroom-my kitchen can't be gated-well unless I wanted to by a huge gate-not happening in my world-but back to your question. I think it is great. The pup will be happy. He or she will be in an open space, one that he is in w/ you while you are home. Be able to play, eat, drink and be merry. :D Not to mention a hard floor-not a good idea to leave them on carpet, more to tear up if you aren't there. Good idea!

Just an idea- I leave a radio playing- not sure if it helps, but I think I read somewhere it is supposed to comfort the dog.

4. 2pyrs

2pyrs New Member

Took a interior door and cut it in half making a Dutch door for my guys. two of them, just the way I designed my house with a eating area and a laundry area. This way they have a 10'x12' and a 7'x12' room that I can close a door to make it half when I feed or close one side and leave the back door open so they can go in and out when they like. They stay home on there own all day once or twice a week and do just fine. winter is the tough time for them when I am gone all day. Summer they get there water outside from licking faucet and have shady and sunny areas , there run is 5' high and 12'x20' with a walk way 15' x 4' long and the base is made of patio blocks 8" x 16" (no dirt,no grass)When our jack was a pup we just closed off one side for her she now has the run of the house and her soon to be own door to go out and in. Love it so clean....

2pyrs :idea:

5. winnie

winnie New Member

thank you everyone, i feel much better about leaving her in there now...i am going to be taking winnie to the dog park today and I will leave Syd in the kitchen for the first time...hope she likes it better...thanks :)

6. winnie

winnie New Member

well i got a extr tall baby gate and Syd learned to ge over it...i was so excited to....ohwell

7. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

There is still hope. Get the kind that bolt to the doorway and swing open. You can get two of them and stack them. They can lift off the hing very easily when you want them off. They are very secure. I have one, but i f I needed to I could very easily stack.