1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Babies on the way!!!!

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Samsintentions, Sep 29, 2004.

1. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

No Hanky wasn't one of the puddle puppies!! THey are only a couple months old!!!

No Hanky was left on my back step. I don't know if she was born there or if someone put her there. All I know is she was VERY young and FAT!!! We just knew we had a st. bernard or some other large breed dog....but she's not. SHes a terrier/shephard mix. WE've had her for 2 1/2 years now. Had her spayed, the whole 9 yard.....ugh.....

Anyhow. Last night was rough. She would't feed at all. I had to hold her down to let the puppies nurse and BOY were they hungry!!!!
    I don't get it. She labored them, cleaned them, and nursed them the first two times, and now she wants absolutly nothing to do with them!!!

I thik it has alot to do with her not having a mother, or littermates. Along with her being young and oh soooo puppyish herself.
    SOooo I've got 5 little bottles and a sac of puppy milk replacer!!!

The vet cleared all of them. They are healthy and always hungry. Hanky is good to go, but not producing milk or any intrest in them......So the only thing to do is bottle! I feared this was going to happen. I had a dream about it the other night, but thats a diffrent story.

One of my foster mom's is coming over this evening to take two of them. She has a GSD female (fixed) that is the perfect seragate mother!!! She even produced milk for a set of twin racoon babies!!! It was hilarious! She is the one that took the litter of puddle puppies! SHe's a stay at home grandmom, so she's got PLENTY of time on her hands. Plus she's very reliable, has the $$ to help out and needs something to do! Might I meantion she is the most LOVEable woman you could ever meet!

But for now, they are in a laundry basket under my desk with a towel covering them. I've got my foot in the basket and they are all huddled around it!! I hate to get up!!!

2. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

How cute!! I think my foot would just make the puppies cold, LOL. Which two are you going to give her?

3. Samsintentions

Which ever ones she takes? I'm trying my hardest not to get attached. So thinking of them as a burden and I don't have time and hate doing it is NOT working!!! he he he....

I'll probably end up sending her home with the maroon one and one of the brn/white twins..Those are the two I"m in love with the most, so to help protect myself from their evil presence, I'll send them with her....then there's the matter with the other three!! Uh oh, I didn't think of that!

4. GinaH

GinaH New Member

IM sorry about the puppies. I have had to bottle feed orphaned puppies before. I snuck them into my work and hid them in my desk drawer for a week just so I could feed them on schedule. I still lost three of the five and I worked so hard caring for them. I was up more with them in the middle of the night then I was with any of my sons when they were babies. I have only had to bottle feed two litters and I hope I never have to do it again. One of my friends who also Fosters agreed to take in these two dogs who were being abused so she drove 6 hours to pick them up and when she got there they were both pregnant about to deliver anyday! The person who called her obviously did not want to mess with the puppies. So now she has two VERY pregnant dogs!

5. Samsintentions

ACk!! If anyone in this area is willing to foster and bottle feed, let me know.
    Suprisingly, none of them look like daddy. THe light brown ones with the white might end up with some bluish tint to their white spots, but thats about it.....Kinda depressed about it! But they are sooo cute! The smallest black one is having a harder time. I've been feeding him a little more than the others. Seems that he might have some respiratory problems which is common in runts. I'm waiting on the vet to give me a call back.

6. honeybears

honeybears New Member

way to go, glad ot hear the pups are healthy so far, cool you can take them to work, I did that once witha a newborn kitten, everyone was so nice about it. :D

honeybear

7. Congrats Sam!

That's too bad that Mama doesn't want to be a mom. When Casey had her pups, I worried because she would barely leave them! Boy was I lucky! It must be very time consuming to care for those pups. But! we all know you will do what has to be done, and they will all do well.

Take Care, Susan

P.S. I'll have to look up the thread about the lawsuit, that sounds interesting. Not good! just interesting......