1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Back from Paris, met some French dogs...

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Dukesdad, Apr 27, 2004.

1. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

Had a great week in Paris. What little French I mastered served me well. The very first Brasserie we went to to have lunch was OWNED by a yellow Lab. He greeted people and occasionally would check by the table. His photo was all over the menu. Here is a photo of Nestor waiving.
    http://home.flash.net/~jdebess/nestor.jpg
    Dogs were everywhere. They are allowed in restaurants, shops, and even on the Metro. The ONLY place dogs are not allowed is in the parks. Poor pups, never get to smell the grass. Paris does employ about 14,000 street cleaners and I was told that every street in Paris is cleaned every day. The streets were indeed clean.
    One other photo I think you will enjoy. A statue in the Musee d'Orsay was titled "The Royal Prince with his dog Nero"
    http://home.flash.net/~jdebess/statue.jpg
    The museums were almost overwhelming. You would get to the point where you would think "Oh hum, another room full of Van Gogh's" as you walked around in a zombie state. You really need a month to see it all.
    If anyone is planning a trip to Paris let me know. I have some good tips for you.

2. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

Dukesdad:
    Glad you had a great trip. I am sure the boy missed you dearly. Very interesting to know that dogs are allowed everywhere it seems.
    Ah, perhaps one day, I could walk into such a place with harley, and not be chased out. ;)

3. honeybears

honeybears New Member

glad you had a good time, uh oh, dont tell the dogs they can anywhere! I wish we could be so dog friendly

honeybear

4. honeybears

honeybears New Member

I forgot to ask, were the french friendly??

honeybear

5. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

Honeybears,
    Everyone was extremely friendly and courteous. We soon learned that politeness is expected. One time I received a glare from a waiter after he handed me a menu. That puzzled me until I realized later that I forgot to thank him. My fault. Any time I needed help with a menu item they were always helpful to help me pronounce the word. I was told before I left that Parisians were rude and the people in the country or other cities were friendly. That was not my experience at all. I do believe that as terrible as my French was it might have helped. The tour director said they really do appreciate the effort to speak French so that might explain my nice experiences.

6. lil96

lil96 New Member

Iam glad you are back!

Once again thank you for helping me with my avatar! That is exactly how I felt when I visited Paris! And those streets in some places need that everyday cleanning! But I wonder if everywhere in Europe is so dog friendly, all the cities I have seen let the dogs go everywhere. I live in Munchen and it´s funny the placs you see people with there dogs!

7. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

Welcome Back!! GLad to hear you had a great trip!

8. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

WELCOME HOME!
    I love the story and picture of the restaurant "owner" Nestor... hehe! I think that is soooo amazing how dogs are allowed everywhere except for parks (can we get any more "OPPOSITE" than them?? sheeesh...hehe).

Now you have to share any french commands you learned..... sit, stay, over...?? :)