1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

bald patches

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Jules, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Jules

Jules New Member

Hi!
    My little Leela has aquired some little hairless patches on her little body. There are about 4-5 and they are approx the size of fingernails, some a little bigger, some quite small. Is this a problem? I don't know if she is just being a typical puppy and biting herself and pulling chunks of hair out, or being bitten by mozzies. (Chews her legs and stuff lol). She is going to the vet soon to be desexed so I'll ask about this then- I was just wondering if anyone knew what this could be from?

PS I just found a really cool off leash doggy beach to play at today- me and the dogs had a ball! They loved splashing around in the water and sniffing different smells. They have never been to a beach before! Bender even found himself a dead fish to roll in! Ahhhh dog heaven!

2. honeybears

honeybears New Member

sounds like it could be a flea problem and she is dchewing and biting. I would have that checked first, then go from there, maybe mange or a food allergy

honeybear

3. Nik

Nik New Member

I'd guess at a flea allergy too. When does she get spayed, cause if it is fleas it'll get much worse very fast. She could have a bald bum in a week if she's left to nibble at it :(
    Also, she may need antibiotics to clear it up before she can have surgery.
    Hope she's ok again soon.

4. AC from TO

AC from TO New Member

Could be a flea allergy....but I'd be more likely to say mange. You may want to have her seen prior to her spay. Being put under for a surgery can effect how bad the mange gets. PM me if you have any ??

5. Jules

Jules New Member

What is mange? What causes it? I'm sure it's not fleas because I haven't seen ANY. Both my dogs are inside all the time and I'm always checking them out and playing with them all day- and I haven't seen one flea.

6. AC from TO

AC from TO New Member

Wrote you a PM back, if it is demodex, it is not contageous to your other dog either.