1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Before and After Pics

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by vene, Aug 20, 2004.

1. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi Halaroo. Yes, I am very proud of both of them. I still miss my Handsome a lot, but I still had room in my heart for these two special kittens. They are just so wonderful and I just adore them.

Lynnhaz, oh jeez....the cat enclosure...ugh! Vene had asked about it too. Basically, in a nut shell the cat enclosure with supplies and labor would cost around $1,500. I guess the contractor just thought I was a dumb dentist that doesn't know anything. Anyway, he quoted me $6,000! LOL. I don't like to be taken advantage of, so I just laughed at his quote and decided I'm going to build the darn thing myself. Mind you, I have never done anything like this. I just hope it doesn't fall apart! :shock: I will post pics as I go along and share all of my frustrations as I build it. It's going to be pretty funny. Who knows, it may turn out great. I guess we'll soon find out. :wink:

2. vene

vene New Member

Chessmind, I think $3-4000 would've been a fair price for the cat enclosure. Our PVC fence cost $6000 and we decided not to do the other side for the obvious reason. Contractors generally charge double their supply and labor fees. Didn't you try to talk down the price? It's a lot of work building that enclosure just right. If my memory serves me right, you got some trees and diffferent level areas to work with. Good luck! I hope you get it going soon because winter will be here before you know it. Besides, seeing Romeo and Juliet happy in the enclosure should be incentive enough to get you going!

3. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi vene. I had an area at the bottom all picked out. There are no trees in the way, and the ground is level. It's a 10x10 area (not very big). For a contractor it would be a two day job. So that means after supplies (wood and chicken wire) he would be making over $350.00 per hour! LOL. He told me himself he could do it in two days. I don't know of any contractors that make that much per hour.

4. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

thats crazy!!! sheesh...sign me up for contractors school if thats how much they make! highway robbery. thats for sure... :x :m3:

:m26:

5. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

LOL. My sentiments exactly, Lynnhaz.

6. vene

vene New Member

What? It's only 10x10 and made with chicken wire. Geez, even I could put it up in one weekend by myself. Just kidding. I might need a little help digging the holes and leveling the posts. Lynn, it is highway robbery! So Chessmind, why haven't you put up your cat enclosure yet?

7. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

Wow...the pictures are all so cute. It's great seeing all the kitties as kittens and then all grown up.