1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Bengal cats + Kittens

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by Ginger, Apr 26, 2005.

1. Ginger

Ginger New Member

As some of you might remember my friend has a snow Bengal (Zen), hes been with my friend for about a year now and is the most spoilt cat I've ever know :) .

My friend was thinking of getting a kitten to keep him company while she is out at work, she asked the breeder if Zen would like that and the breeder told her if she got a kitten Zen would probably kill it :? She said it was because hes a bengal. Zen is the sweetest cat, I couldn't see him doing that but I know nothing about Bengals (And I know some of you do), surely with the right introduction it would be OK?
    What do you think?

2. lucidity03

lucidity03 New Member

This is the most non-professional opinion in the world -

But, I think (operative word... I) that if the introductions were done properly, there would be no problem.

Why would the breeder think your friend's cat would kill the kitten? From what I understand, Bengals are very social and easy-going cats.

Now, my cat, Kitters (Bengal/Maine Coon) was brought in as a kitten and was introduced to four adult cats. They all get along and Kitters loves playing with and socializing with the older siblings.

I'd tell your friend at the very least to research why the breeder would think that her Bengal wouldn't get along with a kitten.

But, I think things would go fine (if introductions were made well).

I know a couple others in these forums that have multiple cat households with a Bengal in them. Things seem fine for them, too.

3. vene

vene New Member

Bengals are like any other cats. If anything, they are more social than usual and tolerates changes better than most cats. When Milo's sister Vene passed on from being hit by a car (my mom left the front door open and Vene escaped), we purchased Rene, the Bengal. We never did the slow introduction although we should have and she got along great with Monty right away. It took a couple of days to get along with Milo and a couple of weeks to tolerate Pumpkin. Pumpkin doesn't like anyone else except for people. :roll: Rene likes to play with Monty and Milo all day long. They chase each other and occassionally groom one another. Bengals can play rough at times. They have shaper claws than your average cat so make sure their nails are clipped. Monty's paw pads were sliced badly by Rene at one time and he bled all over the house. Luckily, Monty forgave her and they are buddies again. Overall, she's a friendly, loving cat, just very frisky. :mrgreen: Do the slow intro and the kitties will be fine. Good luck!

Monty grooming Rene:
    [​IMG]

Rene hanging out with Pumpkin and Monty:
    [​IMG]

Rene, Pumpkin, and Monty:
    [​IMG]

Milo and Rene:
    [​IMG]

Snuggling:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fighting over the scratching post:
    [​IMG]

BTW, any new pics of Zen?

4. TabbyLover

TabbyLover New Member

Your kitty pictures are so

CUTE CUTE CUTE !!

:eek: :lol: :y_the_best:

5. Ginger

Ginger New Member

Thanks for the advice, I'll tell my friend and hopefully she'll reconcider (I hope so because its been a long time since I've had a kitten to play with ) :)
    I don't have many pictures of zen but your in luck I do have a couple of new ones

Here he is with orange eyes (they are blue really)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. nern

nern New Member

Cute pictures vene and Ginger!

7. vene

vene New Member

Zen looks gorgeous! Great pics! :y_the_best:

8. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

zen is very beautiful!! my bengals are in the avatar...but im going to post new pics soon... :eek:

9. Bente

Bente New Member

Zen is really beautifull! :D

:0020: