1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Betta Tail

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by J_acon, May 24, 2004.

1. J_acon

J_acon New Member

Hi guys, i got a Delta tail Betta, who's tail got split into 3, so what use to be a single tail, now look as if it was cut 3 times at the end. Would they grow back and join together? or the my did my betta lost his delta tail forever?

2. Hooben

Hooben New Member

I have never seen or let bettas fight, but I have read about it. The article I read explained how after fighting, a betta will grow back its fins. I'll bet that yours will too. I have also read that when bettas are in large tanks, they will swim fast. The rapid swimming will rip their fins up.
    Hope that helps! :y_the_best:

3. ceveretts

ceveretts New Member

In the past I have kept many betta's I haven't heard of a Delta tail betta. Is that different from a half moon betta? Anyway, every time mine tore/cut one of their fins it healed up just fine within a week or two. I would get some melafix to put in his water. It aids the healing process and speeds it up a little. What size tank/bowl is he in? The box I have says to use 1 tsp per 10g. So in a 1 gallon it's like a 10th of a tsp. When I put it in my bettas bowl I use a syringe and put 1/2 ml in his bowl. I'm sure your betta will be fine but if you use the melafix it will be unlikely that it becomes infected. :wink:

4. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Like ceveretts said, try using Melafix and make sure the water is clean and it should heal fine. I use it for torn fins, cuts, & scrapes on my fish and it does a wonderful job of helping things heal quickly.

-Chelle

5. J_acon

J_acon New Member

:eek: Kewl then his tail will heal, he wasn't in a fight. I just dunno how his tail got damage on the way home.

I got one guy in the community tank, should i take him out? he is swimming around the tank. I don't want this tail to waste away.

The other bettas are in a barrack system, very small area i want to get a tank for for them. With dividers of course.

6. ceveretts

ceveretts New Member

I would not put a betta in my community tank again because I did once thinking if he were the only betta in the tank he would be O.K. but he tried to fight with everyone and his fins got nipped and infected and he died :cry: . I thought I was doing him a favour by giving him more space but infact I was doing him an injustice. Stick him in a gallon bowl or something and he will be fine untill you get your new betta (divided) tank set up.