1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Big changes coming at the end of the month!!!

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by HDrydr, Mar 3, 2011.

1. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Hello from WI :mrgreen: here we sit in a grocery store since the internet at the campground is not up and running yet...(few more days)

Have had a ton to do since I got here!! But things are calming down a bit...

Our 5th wheel is nice its 31.5 feet long and has alot of room in it... nice full kitchen just no dishwasher (we are that). it slides out to make more room it has a futon (that we just bought as the pull out couch was horrid) Bathroom with shower and a bedroom with a queen size bed in it that also slides out for more room...

It is a bit full with 3 cats and Buster but it will do for now.. The cats are not liking the small space...I sleep out in the "living room" on the futon and close the door so Gary can sleep without the cats coming in crying and pawing at the closet doors etc... He is not fond of the cats currently as he gets up super early for work and his job is very demanding!!! So when he gets up I go into the bedroom and sleep for a few more hours... I've had to give Harley meds to keep him quieter... He is such a barn cat and with all the new smells he is going back to his "roots".

Our hope is that since my condo closes tomorrow we can look for a house to buy..

We have had alot of strange weather here!!! Really windy and had tornado's just northwest of us!!! Never saw green skies before now I have!!!!!! scary stuff that's for sure... living in a "mobile home" its a new experience that's for sure.

well I'm trying to catch up on stuff but wanted to update everyone on us... it's nice to be out of the hustle bustle things are alot slower here!!!

2. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

Thanks for the update, HDrydr. Sounds like you are all making the best of things and managing.

Hopefully your condo will close soon. Moving can be so tedious.
    Best of luck to all of you.

3. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

My condo closed!!! yahoo!!!

Now my next task is finding another campsite to stay at as we are ontop of a hill and the weather is horrible up there. not mention they were not very nice when I needed help so......

And I will be starting the prequal for a home loan soon so we can get into a home that doesn't have wheels :)

well lots to do so chat later...

4. vene

vene New Member

Yay, good news! Hope things keep getting better and that you'll find a good home!

5. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Well it was an interesting night...weather was horrible... Wind, lots of snow and cold!!! our water line froze as our propane heater element went out a week ago but we haven't had weather nice enough to take the furnace out to fix it... so what would have been heating the pipes under the floor has not been... we are not sure what the damage is yet we are hoping nothing broke...We are using electric heaters inside and put one in the cargo area to warm things up so keep your fingers crossed....
    We move off the mountain the 1st down into town and out of the weather for the most part.

The animals have been sometimes good sometimes not...I have been able to sleep back with my honey since the weekend, but I drug Harley and Chopper. I'm hoping to cut down on the meds this week, I've been trying to establish a routine with them.

well we are sitting here at a grocery store since we still don't have internet up at the site even though they said we will get it. The new place does!!!

Time to catch up on all I've been missing.. :) I do check things from my phone but attempting to reply to things is not very easy.....

Hope all is well with everyone!!!

6. vene

vene New Member

Eeek! I can't imagine what you are going through right now. Hang in there!

7. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Thanks Vene it has sucked... I just filled out my pre qualification information to get a home loan so we can start looking for a home... Keep your fingers crossed!!! Not sure what I will qualify for being on disability... should be interesting...
    we slept thru the night last night!!!! yahoo but the boys were drugged :) I hope they get the idea of sleeping or being quite at night... :)

Looks like nothing major broke in that last cold front thankfully!!! but it is colder than what I'm used to so it hasn't made my RA feel very good... I've had to up my pain control and steroids but I'm hanging in there... this has been quite the change for me!!! But we are living very simple and that is kinda nice... but I do miss my creature comforts very much!!! like my King size temperpedic bed!!! And a tub!!! And a full big kitchen and room so I'm not tripping over one of 4 animals!!! Hopefully soon!!! I'm ready to move into a home and out of this RV...its nice and at least it is large but not what we're used to!!!

well I've got errands to run since I'm in town sitting at IGA grocery store... :)

8. vene

vene New Member

Keeping my fingers and paws crossed. Warmer weather is forcasted so that'll help out a bit. Hopefully it won't be too much longer before you find a nicer place.

9. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

well we are settled in our new campground off the top of the hill..next to a large lake...we have internet but at the moment our TV isnt working we're not sure about that one yet... I got approved for a new loan after some dumb moments (went with another place got denied...called my old mortgage peeps from the condo I just sold...got approved for a new loan!!) so now we can go house hunt...
    Getting things in order but nice to be online again... Hope everyone is doing well..other than a fall yesterday I'm hanging in there (really sore and beat up from it but...)

10. vene

vene New Member

Yay for the lake view, the new loan, and the internet access! Hugs. How did you fall? Been thinking about you and I'm so happy to read your update!

11. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Hey Vene!!

I've been thinking about emailing you but decided on posting instead..

I was on the phone sitting at the picnic table and he needed some info that was inside...I got up turned and the chain/stake that was attached to the dog was right there I hit it with my left foot that made me stumble and I proceeded to then hit my right knee on the picnic table seat which then made me fall on my right elbow/knee...I was holding a notebook and pop in right hand the phone on the left so nothing to put down to ease my fall..dropped the phone and notebook held on to my pop :) I'm still pretty sore! my right side of my neck, right shoulder all around pec/under arm/ scap, and all of my right ribs all still hurt!!

Old spot or AKA windy point...the table at the left of the photo is where I tripped :)
    [​IMG]

Here's our new spot (it's soo quite..other than nature noises that's it...)
    [​IMG]

The view that's just a min walk to the dock area
    [​IMG]

A baby painted turtle I came across yesterday
    [​IMG]

Chopper investigating it (they've never seen/smelled this stuff)
    [​IMG]

Harley's turn
    [​IMG]

Zoe's up
    [​IMG]

Buster enjoying his Jolly Ball
    [​IMG]

What we named "Leppy" the frog as it was a leopard frog (no we didn't keep it and wow the cats had no clue what to do...)
    [​IMG]

Chopper and Zoe (looking at eachother with no clue....)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. vene

vene New Member

Ouch, what a fall! I'm really glad you didn't break any bones. It's kinda funny how you managed to hold on to your pop. I'm sorry you got hurt and is still feeling sore.

Wow, what a scenic place! That baby turtle is adorable and so are your little ones checking it out. I can't believe you are actually holding on to a frog. Eeew! :mrgreen: Cute nickname Leppy, lol. I can handle turtles but not frogs. :shock:

Super cute picture of Buster having a blast!

13. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Well have to admit it scared me at first the honey brought it home one night for the cats to see and it took me a bit to actually catch it and touch it....they are super squishy but not slimy as I thought it would be...I was afraid of hurting it but had to hang onto it. Then we were taking it back to some water and it jumped out of my hand and almost went up under my gas pedal and into my dashboard!!! but I grabbed a leg before it hopped away!!! that would have been bad...frog stuck in the dash...

14. vene

vene New Member

You are very brave!

15. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Well looks like the cats have finally calmed down and have been really good... Zoe loves her bedroom that's where she can be found either under the covers snuggling in or next to the bed in this little cubby area snoozin' or looking out the 2 windows :) The boys well Chopper is always out where we are he's the social one he's always wanting attention and sometimes will not take no for an answer!! Harley can be found snoozing on the bed looking out the windows, sleeping up against my pillow or out on the cat post :)

The best thing we did was when we brought our things up to a storage deal closer to us we switched out cat posts to one from CO... they were ALL over it :) scratching it rubbing on it :) One of them is always on it or in it :)

The boys do get sleepy meds at night to help curb the late night race track and Harley's wee early morning crying :)

We've looked a several homes but haven't found one yet... more to look at tonight... hoping one of them will work out... this trailer thing is getting old!!! and it's hard on my body!

Had my round of Dr visits Mond and Tues... back on some meds that I'm pleased about back on a med I'm not thrilled about as it's a harsh chemo med but at a lower dosage to go along with my infusion med... well I'll give it a go again and see.. made me nauseous yesterday yuck!

The weather has been crappy....Rained all day yesterday and today it's windy and cold... playing havoc on my joints but at least the sun is kinda out...

Well that's about it from WI hope everyone is doing well and staying safe during all this scary weather!!

16. vene

vene New Member

Big hugs to all of you. It's not easy living in a cramped space. Hopefully the cold front will pass soon and you'll find a good home. We are anticipation lots of thunderstorms today. We had plenty of storms last night and more to come this evening. Milo snuggled with me and my daughter during the peak of the thunderstorm.