1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

BLood parrot ot local petstore

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by tyler_medeiros, Jul 5, 2005.

1. tyler_medeiros

tyler_medeiros New Member

OK so theres been this little blood parrot for sale at our lfs for the past 6 months. Its been attacked a couple of times so they moved it to a ten gallon tank about 4 months ago and it has been living in that ever since. We have noticed oer the past 4 months that almost every two weeks or so it is getting cheaper and cheaper. Amanda has really grown attached to it and we were wondering now that we have a 25 gallon tank that is empty could it live in there.
    We really want to try and save it. I think that it would be better for it in a 25 gallon then the 10 gallon even though it should have a 30 gallon. It is so small its only about 3-4".
    What do you think.
    Tyler and Amanda

2. Hooben

Hooben New Member

I think like 29 gallons would barely be enough for two parrots. They grow to be large, but not to long...6 or 7 inches.
    Make sure and get yourself some good filtration and you will do allright.

3. Trickster

Trickster New Member

20 gal is miniumum for a single blood parrot, they kinda like convicts. A 25 gallon would definatly be ok. Try to get a filter with at least 100 gph

4. tski22

tski22 New Member

Trickster is beating me to everything.. yep should be fine but make sure that yopu have a good filter as already mentioned. - tl

5. Aznfryboi

Aznfryboi New Member

Good for u!!!! mabe need a bigger tank.

edited: kc5gvn

6. Trickster

Trickster New Member

.....Azn..... wtf.....

7. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

lol, i think he meant to say Bigger, not the other word.

8. tski22

tski22 New Member

ok azn i have been back to this forum for 2 days and already see that you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, and you have a pretty big mouth. You better watch what you say, because there are alot of young children that read these pages. Thank You - tl

9. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

he meant bigger.....this one spelling mistake i guess you can understand because B is right next to N on the keyboard.

10. Trickster

Trickster New Member

But wut an offensive spelling mistake that is,

11. M_wm

M_wm New Member

My young mind is slowly being tainted by the things ive been reading on THIS site :(

12. tyler_medeiros

tyler_medeiros New Member

Lets stop fighting and get back to the topic at hand... Blood parrot??

13. M_wm

M_wm New Member

I think a blood parrot would be fine in a 25gallon tank. Get a really good filter like AC300. When ever i set up a tank my goal is to make it so that GPH is 10x the tank size.
    My 20gallon has a ac200
    and my 55gallon has an ac500

14. tski22

tski22 New Member

what m_wm said sounds right ont o me i do the same thing. :lol: - tl