1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Booger has begun eating her litter ACKKKKK!

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by Cassie, Dec 7, 2007.

1. vene

vene New Member

Cassie, I'm sorry you and Booger had a rough time at the new vet. We had a vet that we used and they would perform and bill us for services that were unnecessary. I too had a bad feeling at that place and found a new vet. We had no problems there since.

The vet should have been upfront with you about trouble with Booger's IV and care for her. Also, if they can't get straight whether or not Booger is a he or a she just shows me they don't really give a darn about patient care. You are better off going back to a place that you comfortable with.

I hope Booger continues to get better and better. :m10:

2. Cassie

Cassie Active Member

Thanks Vene.

Boo is doing great today. She's like her normal self again :eek: The swelling went down on her paw and it looks fine now. I've not been successful giving her the amoxicillin drops so I just put them on her food. I don't even know why she's on the drops. The vet never mentioned anything about an infection. I just don't get it. After all this, I'm left more confused than relieved.

3. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

I think I would be upset, too, if I had that kind of experience with the vet.
    I guess this is the first time you went there.

An hour is a little bit of a drive to the other vet but I guess to get better service and if Booger is okay in the car, it would be worth it.

We really like the vet's office where we take our kitties but depending on the vet we get (there is several of them there) our experience is not always perfect, either.

The last two times we took Mittens to the vet, she swatted at the vets and the assistants (and me) because of the way they were handling her. I told them it was hurting Mittens they was they were minipulating her back leg but they didn't listen. The last vet said it shouldn't hurt her but since several of us were injured by Mittens, they noted on her record that her back legs were sensitive.

Another of the vets there is very gentle to Socks and Mittens and maybe next time I will request to have her.

Anyway, I sometimes think the vet people could be more sensitive but I guess they do this all day long so are not in tune with our pets as we are.

I hope you and Booger will be okay and everything will get back to normal. Going to the Vet can be a traumatic experience.

4. halaroo

halaroo New Member

I'm glad that Booger is getting back to normal. I once took Moe to a vet that I absolutely hated. I could tell the moment I walked in that he didn't like cats. He was so rough with her and gruff with me. I was not amused. I did report me experience with the owner of the clinic, so hopefully his bedside manner has improved. Thankfully we haven't had to go back.

5. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi. I've gone to vets that I didn't like either. Just trust your instincts. If you don't like it there then go to the other vet that is farther away. It's always worth the drive. Or you could give it one more go with this vet.