1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

BUCKET!?!?!

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by OneWolvesDream, May 17, 2004.

1. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

i was going to buy a fishtank but im broke then my dad said what about a bucket because i have a pregnant fish and i need a temporary home for it. does anyone know if a huge see through container would be good or bad idea?

2. Obelix

Obelix New Member

Well I wouldn't really recommend it but if you make sure that theirs nothing on the inside that would leak into the water the it might be O.K for a very temporary staying place... :?

3. OneWolvesDream

thats what i thought but when u have a father that dsnt lissen what more do u xpect?

4. Obelix

Obelix New Member

I feel your pain, I'd have alot more fishies if my parents would let me get a larger tank... I've got enough money for it but for reasons beyond my comprehension im not aloud to have it :cry: Ive even got a 10 gallon in the garage but even that is said to be "to much of a mess to handle"

5. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

On occasion I've used rubbermaid storage containers as hospital/isolation tanks and haven't had any problems.

-Chelle

6. OneWolvesDream

yup these are blue cthrough or c trough containers. i thought you just make a homy feeling for the fish ant they would be ok

7. OneWolvesDream

well as you know i had no choice. so i got rubbermad that is cthrough and looks like a tank

8. tina1

tina1 New Member

Yes my parents have that same attitude too. I have plenty of money to set up a larger tank but for reasons that vary every time I mention they just won't let me have it :( It often turns into "if you want another tank you need to move out!" Which I sooooo can't afford :wink:

9. Obelix

Obelix New Member

I know of several apartments around here that wont even allow "large fish tanks" I asked around and heard that if you need a temporary place a well rinsed and carefully cut jug can do the trick, just make sure not to leave any sharp edges and not to knock it over.

10. fishy_chick

fishy_chick New Member

Wow, I feel sorry for you guys. My parents are fine with my tanks as log as I dont get them involved in the mess... and when I do ask for my dad's help, he freaks out! it's really funny. and all the tanks are in my bedroom, so it's not in their way. AND my mom bought me a $200 stand for my 67 gallon this weekend, I'm so happy! Dont tell my dad though... he'll go mad. All he knows is that I bought it myself... :roll:

11. OneWolvesDream

:wink: thats a smart one. we do that with shoes and clothing all the time with my dad :wink: