1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Budgie having eating problems!

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by kuroiruy, Feb 20, 2005.

1. kuroiruy

kuroiruy New Member

Hi, :(
    I have a huge problem with one of my parakeets, he is regergitating pallets, is that ok? He seems to have difficulty digesting them, I bought the budgie gravel will that help? He seems to be in bad form than the rest of the birds, his feathers are growing poorly; he eats greens and vegies, but that isn't enough, should I then just convert him to green and vegie diet? TnX ! Plz suggest anythin will help! :cry:

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

He needs a good quality seed diet do not feed pellets i do not agree with them for smaller birds.
    Grit is fine as it helps grind down the food.
    He should be placed in a cage of his own and allowed time to get himself sorted.
    Poor feather growth is usually caused by a bad diet or mites he should really be checked over by an avian vet and if it is mites he can be treated as if left untreated they can make him very ill.

Use a mist spray bottle and mist him 2-3times a week this will help soften the feather shafts and allow the feathers to break through more easily.
    They need a seed diet aswell as veggies and fruit as they are just not enough do not feed them iceberg lettace as this is mostly water and cause diarreah which can lead to problems.

Mike