My young Daughter says she fed Flame (full grown, about 100lbs +) a nectarine pit, expecting him to nibble off the fruit part. But instead he swallowed the whole thing. How long does it take to pass? What should I watch for? I am worried about it getting stuck, he has thrown up lately. But I don't know if it just upset his stomach, or if he is really having problems. He DOES Not like uniforms, and definately knows the Vet - it is not a casual visit. I have to muzzle him & drag him from the car, and sometimes sedate him depending what other dogs are there. Really; His mother swallowed a neadle & thread when she was a pup, and it passed - painfully. Vet X-rayed her before & after it passed.