1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

can I get some help

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by jason, Mar 31, 2005.

1. jason

jason New Member

hello everyone I was just wondering if I could gt some info on a silver arawona b/c I can get one for ten dollars and does any one have any info on fresh water stringrays

Thank in Advance
    Jason

2. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

silver aros are cool fish, but can grow to 3 feet long and need such a tank to accomodate that

3. Nameless

Nameless New Member

I completely agree with grnlemonade. I know people who buy these fish not realizing exactly how big they get. This fish is not for the beginner (not that I am saying you are), and in the end with require more care and space than most other fish. So if you really want to buy the arowana, make sure its not because its really cheap and make sure you do thorough research about it before you decide to purchase it.

Sorry for giving such a long rant.

4. Hooben

Hooben New Member

Freshwater stingrays also need a great deal of water. They should be kept in sand, and not in gravel..the gravel will harm their slime coating. Plecos are also a big no, as they will attach themselves to the stingray. From what I hear, they are sometimes tough to feed. You shouldn't use any tank decorations or rocks inside the tank. Hope that helps.