1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Cat Houses

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by garith1977, Oct 7, 2004.

1. vene

vene New Member

Yes, it's extremely sturdy. It's 82 or 83" tall and comes with a big base. Rene scales it upright. She's very athletic. I'm sure Max will do the same. I'll go check if the same seller has any more on sale and let you know. The cats don't use the ball strange enough, only the baby grabs it. Well, cats=babies=cats? :mrgreen:

2. Cassie

Cassie Active Member

Vene, I've noticed that Booger hardly plays with the ball either. She mostly likes to scale it like her tail's on fire, play in the tube (Usually chasing her tail) , sleeping and scratching. She loves lounging on the top and looking out the window. Plus she has instant access to the window sills.

3. vene

vene New Member

Cassie, the ball is such a waste. Maybe if we sprinkle a little catnip on it, they'll go after it? :0011:

4. darkrabbit213

darkrabbit213 New Member

I bought a one-story cat condo the other day, and my kitties absolutely love it! they climb on top and play king-of-the-mountain, sleep in it, climb it scratch it, and everything else. they LOVE it! which makes me so envious of everyone's kitty houses!

i want to get one like either cassie's or bente's they're too cute and not too big, since my babies are still little i'll have to wait to get something like vene's until my kittens have grown into big strong cats, (that won't get hurt if they fall from up high).

i think i'm going to build one! you all have inspired me! i've got some good ideas but i haven't been able to figure out how to get the carpeting to stay on. am i supposed to sew it on? or should i like.. hot glue it? i have a hot-glue gun. does anyone have ideas?

5. vene

vene New Member

6. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

thanks for the info vene.... :y_the_best:

i plan to start dropping hints to family members...you know...cause ive been good ALL YEAR...and....SANTAS COMING SOON!!!!! :eek:

7. Cassie

Cassie Active Member

Vene is probably right that a staple gun would probably be the easiest, but you'd need one of those heavy duty ones that you get at like Home Depot or Lowes, not the desk top type (obviously). I think hot glue would work just as well if you use enough of it. And you wouldn't have to worry about kitties pulling the rug up and loose staples. Also, on some of the verticle boards on many of them are wrapped with rope (I notice that Booger loves clawing at the rope more than the carpet). Hot glue is definitely the way to go if you use rope on yours.

Just MHO

I'm actually becomming very tempted to try making one myself!

8. darkrabbit213

darkrabbit213 New Member

Thanks Vene & Cassie! I think I'll probably hot-glue everything in place, then staple it for re-assurance. I've been wanting the kitties to have more to play in than just their one-story condo, and this should work out well and be inexpensive. We have a table saw here, hammers and nails, and TONS of excess carpeting! All I need now is the stable gun.

I think I will go out and get some of that ropeing, I think that my kitties will like it too! They like pretty much anything they can get their claws on, hehe.

Thanks for the advice guys! I'm going to start on this project today! I'll post a picture whenever I finish!

9. vene

vene New Member

Have fun Bunny. You are so lucky to have all the tools except for the nail gun. BTW, some cats prefer bare wood. Anyways, it's going to be a fun project. Enjoy, I know your kitties will love the outcome!

10. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

WOW!!!! :eek: thats a big project rabbit!!! goood luck to you.

cant wait for the pic!!! :D all those kitties are gonna love it....

11. darkrabbit213

darkrabbit213 New Member

yeah this is going to be a huge project!!

i'm going to start as soon as I get the boards...

don't get too excited now guys! it won't be that great! but i hope the kitties will like it!

12. darkrabbit213

darkrabbit213 New Member

This project it going to be harder than I thought! Back to the drawing board. I'm going to write and draw everything out this time. But I'm determined and nothing will stop me!

Has everyone seen those big tin popcorn drums they usually have out around christmas? I have a ton of those and was thinking I could the bottom off and maybe use it to make a round play tunnel? I'd cover it with carpeting, of course. Would that work? Or should I gou and buy some wood cut that way? They're just kittens, it's not like they're going to dent it, right?

13. Cassie

Cassie Active Member

Rabbit, here's a link to one set of plans. They use builders tube for the round cubby holes. I'm sure you can get them at Home Depot or Lowes. With it, you can form caves or curves.

The plans are for a rather large one, but I thought maybe you could get some construction ideas from it.

http://www.hgtv.ca/tv/TBC_project_plans/project_026.asp

14. darkrabbit213

darkrabbit213 New Member

thanks a lot for the link Cassie! :eek:

that cat house in the plans looks soo awesome.

hehe kitty heaven!!!

i didn't know they sold tubes like that.

thanks a lot!