1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Cat neuter after effects/health issues

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by kuroiruy, Jan 11, 2006.

1. kuroiruy

kuroiruy New Member

Hi, just got my two cats neutered/spayed was wondering if there are any after effects that I should note about. The incision looks really scary! So worried. The young one is slowly coming around from the drugs and is eating well. The older is shy and refuses to eat! :( I am confused, even after the vet told me of the upset stomach from the drugs or things to watch out for the next couple of days. Oh one more question, will the female cat come around after the surgery? She is been rather nasty and agressive after her first litter. Tnx a bunch!

2. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi. They both just had major surgery, so both of them will not be feeling too great. Your male cat should be doing good in a couple of days. However, your female may take 4-7 days before she feels okay. When I had my cats spayed/neutered I got pain meds from the vet (especially for the female, as she is in more pain). It costs around $20 (U.S.). It can make them a bit sleepy, but that is actually a good thing as they can get the much needed rest they need.

Both of your cats should be eating and drinking by tomorrow. Trust your gut feelings on how they are doing. If you feel that something may not be right (such as a fever/infection) then give your vet a call and let them know.

I hope both of your kitties feel better soon and I am glad you had both of them fixed.